went to the vets today to inquire about osiris

notme1295

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the info Arlyn. I think I'll stick with the $10, can't save much by doing it myself and want to avoid the risks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nyzki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
unfortunatly they dont pay for payment in advance and the vet here would want that but i appreciate your help anyway

nyzki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Iam going to wait till i can come up with the money to take him in to be seen by a qualified vet iam not going to risk my cats life by giving him the vaccines i trust this site and the advice given, iam keeping osi inside and watching him closely. And hopefully i will be able to get him into the vet within the next few days to be seen. He remains the same no change so iam crossing my fingers please send good vibes to my special little guy

nyzki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they unfortunaltley do not participate in any kind of funding for low income folks who need vet care. I appreciate the help though

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What are you talking about? That's EXACTLY what they do, I've talked to them personally MANY times (not for myself personally, but in assisting others).

Did you even try? What did they say?

Lora

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the very last link I can provide you with. I sincerely hope for your kitty's sake that you take the time to examine each of these

http://www.imom.org/fa/others.htm

Yes, it is on imom's website but it is not imom...they are just showing you links to other organizations that can/may help.

Lora

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For future use... I just started a svings/checking account for lifes little emergencies and my own wants... i got a checking cause it has no mimimum balence and is free the savings werent... I got the idea off here

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, actually I have 1 more suggestion...even though you are low income, do you own any capital property? Car, home, land?

If you do, you can go to your bank and get an equity loan. This will be drawn against your capital property (in case you default) and interest is set at usually prime + 2 (max). This is obviously less than a personal loan, and is WAY below what a credit card charges. The other additional benefit of an equity line of credit is that you are only "required" to pay the interest every month so if you're tight one month, make the interest payment, then slowly wittle down the balance where/when you can.

A standard minimum line of credit is $1000, but you only pay for what you use which is the beauty of it. If you only need $300, then you only pay interest on that $300.

I truly hope this helps.

Lora

nyzki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes i also called the vet that was listed in thier directory for my area and they said that they dont participate in this program