Went to the vet, diagnosed with oral jaw cancer. Heart broken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry.

Honestly, feed her whatever she will eat. Don't worry too much about the quality- she needs nutrients and calories. You don't need to worry about long term disease prevention, you know?

I have had to put down a few animals, and I do not regret doing it, ever. I do regret not doing it sooner, when an animal was starting to suffer but *I* wasn't ready yet.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a thought, as long as she is still liking dry kibble, you can put some in a coffee grinder and break it into smaller pieces she can handle better than the full sized ones.  You may want to throw a few kitty treats in there at the same time to make it taste even better.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jazzystarr22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jazzy went to the rainbow bridge yesterday evening. She ate tuna, vegan frosting, and butter from popcorn bag as her last meal (along with seafood cat food), and spent the day sun bathing in her window seat, snuggling under the covers with me, and snoozing on my boyfriend's chest. I will miss her so much. <3 Rest in peace Jasmine.

evolily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure she knew she was loved.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for sharing Jazzy's last day with us, it was really a wonderful day, and I am so sorry for your broken heart.  You did the right thing for her all the way from beginning to end.  I wish all owners had the courage, wisdom and unselfishness to do that. 

Status
Not open for further replies.