Went to Er Friday Night because my eyes were blurry and I could not talk

catsndogs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Scary stuff. I'm concerned they only did a CT and not MRI. In the early phase, the CT only rules out stroke caused by a bleed. It does not show stroke caused by clot. If you still have any symptoms, contact your MD for further workup ASAP. Hopefully, it is only variant migraine and you are feeling better now.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, frightening!

I've had migraines nearly that bad before, but only if i'm really tired, dehydrated, and at work... only to a point where speaking is difficult, but not impossible. I hope your neurologist can help...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you did have the CT scan. Did it show anything?

I had that happen to me in Dec 2004. But for me, I totally lost the ability to talk. I would only be able to say 2 or 3 words at a time. I was at work when it happened and I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital across the street from where I work.

I was in the hospital 5 days as what I had was a stroke. It took me about 4 or 5 weeks to be able to speak and was back at work after 7 weeks.

Please follow-up with your Doctor appointments. And be aware of what your body is trying to tell you. I had several incidents of vision problems before the stroke that I just shrugged off as stress and fatigue from my job. I was not taking my bp meds like I should have either. Now I take them morning and night and my plavix every morning.

No one should have a stroke 5 days after their 48th birthday like I did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to see a Neuro Dr as soon as I can get a appoitmant.
The CT did not show anything but they did say its another kind of migraine.
The vision problems I get before I get a severe migraine or a migraine.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jacky, I hope you're doing ok dear...this stuff worries me.

I had an MRI a month ago and it shows that I have clinical MS. Going to my neuro in 2 weeks for his comfirmation of this. My GP says it's what I have, so I'm going with that. My sister has MS so it runs in the family and it does answer alot of my issues I currently have and noone can tell me what I can do to fix them. Now with a diagnosis they should be able to find meds to make things right.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Have you been sick lately?Any sort of inflammation going on/chronic tiredness? If not (or even if so), I really hope they follow up on your blood work, as well. There's enough little things off here and there that it overall looks suspicious, even to me. Without your labs reference ranges, though, I can't tell how off your tests are.
I'm just curious...what kind of medical credentials do you have? You are very knowledgaeble (sp...cuz I'm a dummy) about most medical issues on here. Are you an RN or a Dr?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

I'm just curious...what kind of medical credentials do you have? You are very knowledgaeble (sp...cuz I'm a dummy) about most medical issues on here. Are you an RN or a Dr?
Chronically ill, so I've had to learn how to read labs and know what they mean. Some doctors will dismiss what others will freak out over (bad looking liver enzymes for example). Combine that with an encyclopedia like memory for everything I have ever read - and you get someone with a lot of mostly useless information.
And I doubt you're a dummy.
Everyone is good at something - some people are good at remember lots of details about movies, sports, and other things. Mine just tends to be more science related. If you saw how bad I am at math you'd laugh!

mews2much - did you ever see the neurologist? Did I miss that? (I probably did...) Were you ever able to get more specific testing and help to figure out what is going on - and to prevent it from happening again?