Went to 2 body shops....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Whoa Nelly, Insurance companies take advantage of nice guys?? I am a claims expert for State Farm, and noone fights harder for their clients than I do.

About the rental car, it can depend on what coverage she has. She may not be entitled to a larger car, we have no idea what coverage she has on her policy, and depending on the companies policy on that, she may not be entitled to a bigger than sub-compact car. GENERALLY, in a not at fault situation, the client is entitled to a like size rental vehicle, but her company could have different guidelines than we can know about.
I definately agree with you Natalie. Insurance companies are not like that. I worked with them everyday for 3 years... they are not bad people.

As for the rental, if she doesn't have any rental coverage on her policy- they don't have to give her a big car. They don't have to give her anything unless she pays for it, or they give her one for free. I wouldn't be picky about what they give you for free, they are NOT obligated to give you a bigger car. Most of the time its a compact car that are cheaper to rent out.

Best of luck to you.