Wellness' NEW pouches!

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope the stores around here get those soon. Of course knowing my precious, they probably will refuse to eat those as well.
After nutro was recalled, the only thing they would eat is Meow Mix.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just got it and tried it on the cats. They mostly licked gravy at first. It's very watery gravy, nutro's gravy had a different consistency. But now they are slowly eating the meat by the looks of it. With nutro, they also liked gravy the most. I think I might have to mush the meat for them to eat it.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried one on my cats yesterday. They licked all the gravy up first, as I expected; but then they ate the meat pieces too! These must taste better than the type with wheat gluten, which none of my cats would eat.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked at the Pet Supermarket again yesterday. Still no pouches or new Wellness without garlic. Everytime I ask them, they are all puzzled, they never heard of the new stuff. I wish another store in the area carried Wellness.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I checked at the Pet Supermarket again yesterday. Still no pouches or new Wellness without garlic. Everytime I ask them, they are all puzzled, they never heard of the new stuff. I wish another store in the area carried Wellness.
it seems many Wellness reps could do a better job in there stores... I had the same trouble here/... existing store had no idea of new stuff and new store( that I begged to carry) didnt know about half the products even after rep had been there

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My local Pet Supermarket finally got the new Wellness pouches this week. They licked the bowl after the chicken/salmon.
turkey/duck didn't go over too well. i bought one of each flavor for them to try so they can try the other two flavors this weekend. Thankfully they eat Wellness canned b/c the pouches are too pricey for me...but they'll probably be able to get them every once in a while.

Also, the adult Wellness cans do not have garlic where I'm at....so hopefully all the recipes will be changed soon. Kitten formula still has garlic though...

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried the Turkey and Duck flavor last night. It was a risk because normally Karma will only eat pate styl. First, like many other kitties here she ate all the gravey but then she dove in and ate the meat like she has not eaten for days. I have never seen her eat like that so I think she likes it. Not one piece was left and I think she licked the bowl clean. When I went to pick it up to wash it, it looked cleaner than when I put it down. It is costly for me though, one pouch is enough fo one feeding but the cans last 2-3 feeding depending on the size I get. I will put the pouches in rotation though, more as a treat.

All the cans I heve still have garlic. I have the beef and chicken, turkey, and chicken flavors. I hope the new formula becomes available soon. I am going to stop by the store where I get them and ask about it. See if maybe they can get them.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean the pouches? I haven't been able to find them yet. Riley won't eat regular wellness canned though, so not sure if he would eat those.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Do you mean the pouches? I haven't been able to find them yet. Riley won't eat regular wellness canned though, so not sure if he would eat those.
mine weren't thrilled with the regular canned pate, but they eont bonkers over the pouches. It's a little too expensive for me to regularly feed to 13 cats though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Wellness pouches are VERY different from the canned. My guys don't like the canned, but went NUTS over the pouches!
The problem for me is cost as well.

Something about the gravy really gets everybody here excited!