Wellington is missing

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I jumped from the 1st to the last page to see if he had turned up before i read the rest

Thank goodness he's home. It's sounds logic if he has been caught in something that he would stress himself out, and like you say this heat isn't helping either

That he continues to improve.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I just saw this thread now since we had a holiday yesterday and I didn't do much moderating.

I am so relieved that Wellington is home. I hope you both had a good rest last night. Your kitties are well known to most of us older members and when something happens to them we feel it personally. Hugs to you to help relieve the stress you went through as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you. He is still not really doing anything but eat and sleep today, but I have been cleaning the wounds and paw and all seems well - no sign of infections. He did not even try to go out this morning when I let Bonaparte and Ellie out, normally he races for the hall door and knows how to open it if it is not locked. But he has lost the look of terror. If it cools down a little over the weekend I am going to go and look for his collar in the fields above the house, to see if I can work out what happened.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread, so I had no idea he was missing! Poor baby! I'm so happy he is home, though. Lots of special TLC is what he needs!

I feel so relieved, since I started with the first post; I didn't know if he had come home yet! You must feel SO relieved just to have him back even if he is hurt.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Biscotte is checking on him and following him round when he goes to eat, when she eats too. But she is leaving him alone when he sleeps. One thing that concerns me slightly is that he has not said a word since he got back, and he is normally an extremely vocal cat. Does this happen with shock? Or could his vocal chords be bruised as a result of stretching his collar till it came apart? But he is not even trying to miouw - he is just silent. I didn't mention it at the vet - it was only an hour after he came back and it wasn't yet apparent.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is a good question, Jenny. I would definitely ask the vet about it, especially since he is usually vocal and you know he got out of his collar. It seems logical that he may have some sort of bruising there, but I would definitely want to know, espeically if he actually has damaged anything in his neck area. Aww poor baby, I hope he gets over this so very soon

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke to the vet on the phone today about it. She is of the opinion that he just meowed so much for help that his voice is strained. I did get a little squeak out of him this morning when I scritched his ears. Otherwise, he is getting better - ran down the stairs witht he others this morning for breakfast and even managed to open the door into the hall before I could lock it. But he is not yet back to his usual self.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little boy. I'm glad he's recovering though and has you and Biscotte to take care of him

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just checking in on Wellington.
Sounds like his voice is coming back. Biscotte seems to be taking good care of him - that is so sweet.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I saw the thread in the health forum before this one, so even before I started I knew he was back home, but I still ran the huge gamut of emotions and I physically feel ill! POOR WELLINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From this update, it sounds to me like the poor baby strained his vocal cords and he'll be fine soon.

Biscotte

Laurie