Well......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George's Mom

Glad to hear that you've made name tags - so that pretty much makes it official!! My George is a Maine Coon and he follows me into every room - always needing to be close by. And Ellie the Tortie also has attitude! Cracks me up that you mentioned that

I'm so happy that a 20 yr old rescue kitty has found a good home (so sad to hear that she even needed to find a new home!).

Good vibes to all!
Originally Posted by LovesMyCats

God Bless you for taking in those two precious babies. They are going to have such a promising and loving life with you. Tommy is such a handsome boy and Cecelia...well bless her heart, she is a sweetheart and beautiful too!
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Wonder how Cecilia did with her grooming??

btw: i love that S&G song...great choice!
Thanks you guys
Both kitties are doing wonderful and fitting in just fine!
They're turning into great new additions!

Cecilia has yet to go to the groomer unfortunately- Some idiot slammed into my car a few days ago and caused a pretty nasty wreck- so I'm without a car at the moment, and I've had to reschedule a few things. I'm hoping to get her into a groomer asap though! All of that aside, both kitties are lovely!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update- both kitties are doing lovely! I talked to my friend today and let her know I was keeping them for certain.
She also worked a little magic and I was able to schedule a grooming appointment for Cecilia this Wednesday, so thankfully she will get to be groomed and bathed- I think it will make her feel much better!
Cecilia is still doing great (she's actually sitting on the back of my couch at the moment, supervising me as I type
). Her favorite pastime seems to be swatting the poor puppy upside his head everytime he walks past her
It's quite a sight!

Tommy is doing great too and loves my other kitties! He is definitely my little shadow. He follows me EVERYWHERE and always wants to be right beside me! He is such a little love bug!
He has the most odd little meow too!
(My sister's old Maine Cooon, Alfie had the same meow too..must be something about that breed- it's soo cute!)

I will have to post some new pictures soon!

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Tommy is doing great too and loves my other kitties! He is definitely my little shadow. He follows me EVERYWHERE and always wants to be right beside me! He is such a little love bug!
He has the most odd little meow too!
(My sister's old Maine Cooon, Alfie had the same meow too..must be something about that breed- it's soo cute!)
George has this tiny little meow - and with the size of him, you'd think he'd roar like a lion!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George's Mom

George has this tiny little meow - and with the size of him, you'd think he'd roar like a lion!!
Aww bless him!
I'm not quite sure how to describe Tommy's weird meow- he doesn't do it all the time, just once in a blue moon! It's hilarious! If I'm ever coordinated enough to record it when I catch him meowing, I'll have to post it! It's a noise I've only ever heard come from Maine Coons! My sister Kimmy adores him because he reminds her of her old kitty

Today my mom came over for a while to help me out around my place (my neck/back are out of commission from that car wreck at the moment). She had a fit over both new kitties! I think it's safe to say my entire family loves them!

Cecilia is turning into quite the feline klepto! The little heifer tries to steal EVERYTHING and hides it in her kitty bed
It's soo funny!
Yesterday she tried to swipe a piece of food I was eating when I turned around for a split second! She's the most spry 20+ yr old kitty I've ever seen!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats so great to hear that they are doing so well! I love their personalities! It will never be dull at your house it sounds like....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Thats so great to hear that they are doing so well! I love their personalities! It will never be dull at your house it sounds like....
No dull moments here haha!
I just got home from clinicals not too long ago and I currently have Velvet, Kojak, Cecilia, and one very confused Austrlian Shepherd puppy curled up on the couch with me
(Ranger can't decide if he wants to herd the kittes or if he IS a kitty
)

Cecilia had her appointment today (there was a mix-up on wed. with her appointment then) and did quite well considering her age and the anestesia! They did an amazing job with my sweet girl. This kitty may by 20+ yrs old, but she looks 20 yrs younger haha! She is now sporting a "lion cut" and smells yummy (they bathed her as well.) She also got another injection to help with her gum issues. I think she feels soo much better!

I got a few pictures, I'll have to post before/after pictures when I get a minute!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a few pictures of Cecilia sporting her new "lion cut" (not the best quality, but they'll do for now). She has been strutting her stuff around my apartment all night long
I guess a "spa day" did this sweet little girl wonders! I am SOO relieved that she tolerated the anestesia well too!

No more icky matts or stinky kitty due to matting issues! Ya!! Dr. Jo did a great job today- (the vet groomed Cecilia herself because of Cecilia's age/etc. - she's such a wonderful vet!) Cecilia looks SOOO much better and acts like she feels better too!

All of that strutting made her tucker out, so she decided to take a nap on the couch...