Well wishes for my grandmother please.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God bless her, Adrienne. Oh course she would fear never awakening!
My father didn't even want to lie down for a nap. He sat up, so that if he died, he would die sitting up and fighting! And he was a man who, I thought, never knew fear.

But, thankfully, she has come through the surgery well so far. I pray that her recovery goes smoothly. She will have to work hard to learn to walk again. It takes time and patience on her part and the family's too. God bless. Your family has gone through the mill, hasn't it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by -BuNN-
Bring her a copy of a cat magazine, her pressure will drop in no time.
Glad she's getting better.
Ack no - that would send her pressure thru the roof! She hates the fact I have cats and not kids. I keep trying to tell her I am trying to have babies, but until then and even after that my cats are my kids. She stresses out every time I get a new cat!

jeff24girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ady...sorry I am so late on this but I am glad to hear that your Grandmother is doing well after her surgery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - she is so funny! My grandmother threatened to call the cops on the therapists this weekend. She thinks they are torturing her! I keep telling her that is the only way she will get better, but she was still muttering about the police when I left yesterday. Yup - she is back to her fiesty self!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear it! And Gary, after open-back surgery in September, TOTALLY agrees with her! Although not politically correct, he is convinced that physical rehab therapists are former concentration-camp running Nazis.

Hope she sticks with it despite the hassle!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Gary and Grandmother! Off to jail with the lot of them! Whoops! That's what my daughter does for a living....and I am very proud of her. However, when the PT's stretched my hamstrings after I had polio, I had evil thoughts, without a doubt! However, if it weren't for PT's I would not be able to walk today. The pain was terrible,(spasms)but the results were worth every tear that escaped without permission! And they did escape, with no intent on my part.
The children screamed and cried when they saw the therapist coming, but most of them learned to walk again also.

I know you'll be patient with both of them. It's very hard. It took six months in the hospital with daily stretching and exercise for me, and I was only eighteen years old. That got me into a brace and crutches. But it got me home! I hate hearing, "He could do more for himself if he tried." People should literally have to walk a mile in his/her shoes before saying that.