Well??? What do you all think about the new contests?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I think that anyone can start a quiz, just not everyone will participate. But that's fine.. I think it's good to have several different quizzes going on that way there's something for everyone!

Anyway, to the point.... So in order to become the 'winner' of this new contest (that Anne is putting on)... is it based on how well your posts are or is it based on a random drawing out of everyone that participated?
Yes, anyone can start a quiz, cause Wyan said so.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125667

And people will play whatever contests or quizzes appeal to them. Like Anakat said, she likes the graphic challenges. Luckygirl likes ones that help her get to know other TCSers. You can't make people play.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being on a slow, slow dial-up connection, it's hard for me to stay on top of things on the site anyway -- so as much as I appreciate the contests (official and otherwise), they aren't my priority when I visit the site.

And to tell the whole truth: I find it hard to read some of the forums, and even some posts within forums... because my heart is so easily broken, and I just can't bear feeling so helpless in the face of so much suffering. So I tend to cower in the Cat Lounge a lot... which will probably keep me from becoming eligible for the excellent "useful posts" contest.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand how you feel completely about how your heart is broken. There are a lot of cats out there that really need extra TLC.. and it makes me sad as well. Especially when the owners neglect the cat
Anyway, that is not the point of my reply to you. My point is... you could go on one of the threads that isn't so sad and depressing. You could give advice about kitty litter, type of food you use, and just mainly your experience with cats. There is no need to be a professional (as I was told in an earlier post on here
) Just need to give some advice... I actually hope A LOT of people decide to do these contests that Anne is putting on, it will be more fun that way

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

OK guys, I really don't think this thread was started to bash on the KatKwiz. I think that anyone can start a quiz, just not everyone will participate. But that's fine.. I think it's good to have several different quizzes going on that way there's something for everyone!

Anyway, to the point.... So in order to become the 'winner' of this new contest (that Anne is putting on)... is it based on how well your posts are or is it based on a random drawing out of everyone that participated?
Its not so much KatKwiz that anyone is bashing, I think its more about how Persi kinda "advertises" his kwiz anytime anyone else starts some sort of game for points. I'm sure Persi doesn't mean too, but he comes off a bit pushy and acts a little annoyed when someone else is running a game.
I think KatKwiz is a great idea, I just never get there in time to find the answer before anyone else!

On topic....I think the new contests are great!
I think the posting one will help us all become more informed cat owners. The referral one will be great for bringing people to the site, but I don't know any other cat lovers to send this way!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think both contest are awesome & each different. I am sure they will appeal to other members & like other games/contests it will draw a different crowd.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Aw, thanks, mybabyphx.
I'll give that a try.
I try to post in the health forum, but sometimes it is a bit much for me. But the behaviour and grooming type forums you can make a difference in without the upset of the sick cat threads

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Its not so much KatKwiz that anyone is bashing, I think its more about how Persi kinda "advertises" his kwiz anytime anyone else starts some sort of game for points. I'm sure Persi doesn't mean too, but he comes off a bit pushy and acts a little annoyed when someone else is running a game.
I have to agree with this
.Two words come to mind "temper tantrum".
One of those " I had it first, and now you took it away from me" kind of things.I thought it was kind of harsh to say "only the answer will do, anything else will disqualify you".That right there, made me NOT want to do the quiz.

Why is it that there has to compititon in the first place? TCS is a site dedicated to cats.In that dedication, comes lots of friendships that are made.
So what if we have a contest on for example---"the color of cat does so and so have?" I mean, give me a break..The site is a LEARNING site.
I for one am not color educated, so that thread/contest gives me alot of info that I wouldn't know.
The ones that Nita/Icklemiss and myself did, made members search TCS to find who the clues were about.In doing so, that made them learn more about the member and what possesed them to post that certain thread/question in the first place.
I will leave it at this..............I tell my children this all the time........."play nice, or don't play at all".

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of all the quizes/contests. Yes, even though we are 'competing', we are LEARNING at the same time. When I play a game on here, it's not to be better than you.. it's just fun! Anyway, I liked Anne's idea of this new contest going on