Well,well,well....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well,Big Daddy is now neutered and resting in his cage.Once we got him under anesthesia,I noticed he had lots of scratch marks that I didn't notice before.I meant to check his teeth while he was under,but things were crazy today and I forgot.
I looked somewhat just a few minutes ago and I think one of his K-9(I think that is what they are called.LOL.And I SHOULD know this.
)teeth is gone on one side.
I was in there petting him and talking to him,and I got tears in my eyes just looking at this poor guy.He looks so rough,I just HATE people sometimes.

And come to find out about it he does NOT belong to the neighbor that I thought he did.One of my other neighbor's is in the the program as well and it is actually her hubby's relative's that I thought the cat belonged,too.Well,when she saw him this morning,she was like "Uhhh,that is not their cat"LOL.Oh well,so I don't know who he belongs too.I do know he belongs to someone because he has a flea collar on sometimes(until he fights and gets it torn off).

I am planning on keeping him up a few days to heal and to try to gain his trust so hopefully he will let me touch him when he comes around from now on.

Here is a couple more pictures of him.Notice his poor nose...plus there are plenty more scratches all over him that you can't see...most you just have to feel the scabs.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
vettechstudent..what a wonderful thing you did for this boy. Poor thing...I do hope his scratches heal.

And come to find out about it he does NOT belong to the neighbor that I thought he did.One of my other neighbor's is in the the program as well and it is actually her hubby's relative's that I thought the cat belonged,too.Well,when she saw him this morning,she was like "Uhhh,that is not their cat"LOL.Oh well,so I don't know who he belongs too.I do know he belongs to someone because he has a flea collar on sometimes(until he fights and gets it torn off).
Does that mean there is another unfixed male roaming around??

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Does that mean there is another unfixed male roaming around??

Katie
Yep,I guess it does,however I have never even seen this cat of my neighbor's(apparantly their cat is grey and white).They live way up on a hill from me and the cat is apparantly like 16-17 years old(they say),so maybe he stays home.
I dunno.

I did mention neuter to them a few months ago and they kinda just blew me off.This was when I thought THIS cat was their's,but I still would have taken their cat even though it wasn't the cat I thought was their's.
So I dunno what to do about him.I guess if he stays at home there is not too much I can do about it,unless they agree to neuter,which at that age I would be paranoid to take him in myself and it being their cat...I would make them do it themselves.

I do know of another Tom in the neighborhood.He is a black cat that belongs to my crazy neighbor's(owner of GSD).I did talk to them a few weeks ago(he came up here to ask a question)and actually asked the guy if they had any cats and he told me about him.I offered to take him in but they have never brought him to me,so i think I am going to have to make someone go with me down there and see if they will agree to let me take him in.If they don't agree...then all I got to say is they better hope he doesn't wander into my yard....He is fair game then.Hehe.