Well then, I suppose she told me how she REALLY feels!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isabella apparently thinks mommy needs to buy her a new collar! Look what the little heifer did this morning!
I found it in the floor; the dogs were not responsible for this since they slept in the bedroom with me last night and had no access to the kitty...this one is all Isabella haha. I think she somehow managed to get it off of her and THEN chewed it in half.
(I'm still not quite sure how she got out of it as I regurally check their collars to make sure they're proper fitting). The last time I checked hers, I noticed that it was getting a little worn and decided I should get her a new one for Christmas...well, it looks like I will be getting her a new one before then! (I think the leather was soo worn that she was able to easily slip it off and then make a chew toy of it!) Looks like I'll be replacing this picky feline's collar today!

Isabella's handiwork

Please notice that the buckle is still intact...she somehow managed to remove the collar and then chew it in half to show how displeased she was

Guilty Party...

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the beautiful cat doesn't like wearing collars?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

LOL! She did indeed!

Our cats hate collars, too.
She's such a goofball! I swear Isabella's always up to no good; that cat gets away with a LOT since she's just sooo stinkin cute!!

Mine don't seem to mind their collars too much as long as they fit properly; I started each of mine out wearing them as tiny kittens. Isabella's collar was getting a bit worn, so I think that's why it was easy for her to get off and subsuqnently tear up. I'm a stickler for collars/id being on my cats/dogs at all times though (I'm just exceptionally careful to make sure the kitties can not get hung up on anything while wearing them- my apartment is "kitty proof".) When I worked for Animal Control the first things we checked strays for were collars/ id's and then microchips. I've seen first hand how few cats come into shelters with proper id on; I just could never chance it with mine. There were several occassions when we were able to reunite kitties with their owners thanks to collars/id tags, so I'm always careful to make sure my little furrybrats wear theirs (all of mine are microchipped too). Isabella apparently felt it was time for an upgrade!
I have to run to the post office at some point today though and there is a pet store across the street, so I'm thinking something pink with rhinestones might appease my little princess!

Originally Posted by mbjerkness

she told you. Gus won't wear a collar. If I put one on Lucky, Gus removes it.
Gus sounds like quite the character!!
And yes, Isabella definitely put me in my place

Originally Posted by LaRussa

That adorable little girl did that???, what a little stinker :-)
Don't let her fool you; she is SOOO, SOOO rotten!
She knows how to turn lights on/off and open doors (my oldest kitty Velvet taught her those tricks
) She will also drink out of fishbowls, steal human food, and the list goes on....

Isabella's always doing something mischevious and then gives the biggest sad kitty face to make you forgive her fluffy transgressions!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Oh my goodness, she has personality to spare, too funny! Did you take this picture after the collar incident? She looks 99% sweet, 1% mischievious; what a cutie!
This one was actually taken several months ago (notice the collar around her neck
this one was pre-shredding of the zebra collar haha). / Thankyou! I think she's a cutie too!
Her cutness is really what gets her out of trouble most of the time
She is definitely a little princess and knows how to work it

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

..Her cutness is really what gets her out of trouble most of the time
She is definitely a little princess and knows how to work it
They use it to the hilt, don't they?

Too bad you don't have a pic of her WITH the chewed up collar!
Gotta love CATITUDE!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's so adorable!
Are you sure the collar didn't just fall off and then break? You know, when it hit the floor? Like collars often do?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, apparently Isabella's mischif doesn't end with the collar shredding incident! Look what I just caught her getting into!
I had my SS presents in the floor getting ready to mail them out (yeah, yeah, I just gave a little bit of that away lol)...I walked out of the room to grab a marker and came back to find Isabella inspecting things very, very closely!
(Dear SS, she also grabbed your card off of the top of the box, but no worries, I don't think her slobber soaked through!
)

This one cracks me up- she just LOOKS mischevious

Originally Posted by LDG

They use it to the hilt, don't they?

Too bad you don't have a pic of her WITH the chewed up collar!
Gotta love CATITUDE!
No kidding!!
Catitude is defintiely something that Isabella does not lack

Originally Posted by nurseangel

She's so adorable!
Are you sure the collar didn't just fall off and then break? You know, when it hit the floor? Like collars often do?
If Isabella could talk, I have no doubt that she would come up with something like that
It's always the innocent looking furbabies that are the most mischevious!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww the poor girl just wanted a new collar, Pixie doesn't like hers either but I had to take it off it was too big for her so back to the drawing board with getting her one. Tell Isabella that I think she is a sweet princess.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Aww the poor girl just wanted a new collar, Pixie doesn't like hers either but I had to take it off it was too big for her so back to the drawing board with getting her one. Tell Isabella that I think she is a sweet princess.
Thankyou! I guess Isabella (along with Kojak and Velvet) will all be getting new collars today...Merry Early Christmas to my fluffy little mosnters!
I got to looking at the other two and they're pretty much shredded and tattered as well (the other two had cloth ones, so they wear out easier). I really can't complaine too much though; they've all had their collars for quite a while now, guess they're ready for new ones.

I used to buy Rogz collars from a local feed store here, but they no longer carry them and I can't find them ANYWHERE (they don't sell them on their website; they only list retailers that do). So I'm going to eithor look for lupine or leather buckle ones.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still think Isabella is innocent. Just like that Labradoodle that was accused of taking your keys.
(Sorry, I could not resist....)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I still think Isabella is innocent. Just like that Labradoodle that was accused of taking your keys.
(Sorry, I could not resist....)
Isabella LOOKS quite innocent...but I assure you she is rotten
All 3 little monsters got new collars last night when I stopped by the pet store (leather buckle with rhinestones...they should last them a nice long time hopefully!). Kojak got dark blue, Velvet got a sky blue, and Isabella got purple (I was hoping for pink, but they were out).
Now begins the delightful task of transfering all of the id tags from one collar to the next! UGG!

Oh the Labradoodle key incident was hilarious!!!
(It just was not funny for the brief moment that I freaked out when I couldn't find my keys lol! Ahh the joys of dog parks