Well that was a lovely wake-up call!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

We're under a tornado warning again, its the fourth one today, and its not going to be the last. I'm going to put the babies in the bathroom, I think we're pretty safe, but just to be sure. You're lucky all this missed you annasmom. I don't think we've ever had so many tornado warnings in one day, this is crazy!!
We have a massive storm brewing now. It looks like something out of the movies. No rain as of yet, but I just heard that the entire Springdale and Bentonville football teams and band are huddled in the Springdale fieldhouse because of a tornado warning. We can't get a hold of DH's parents in Springdale, so we're pretty worried. Its going to be a long night. Usually tornados don't hit Bella Vista because of the hills, but you never know. We have no interior bathroom. I guess we'll huddle in the utility room if we have to...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

We have a massive storm brewing now. It looks like something out of the movies. No rain as of yet, but I just heard that the entire Springdale and Bentonville football teams and band are huddled in the Springdale fieldhouse because of a tornado warning. We can't get a hold of DH's parents in Springdale, so we're pretty worried. Its going to be a long night. Usually tornados don't hit Bella Vista because of the hills, but you never know. We have no interior bathroom. I guess we'll huddle in the utility room if we have to...
How are things there now? I see there is a good sized system over in your area. We've still got storms brewing here and our tornadoe watch has been extended until 2 am and they are expecting more of the same for tomorrow. I hope your in-laws are safe and sound. My mom's in Randolph County and their getting it worse than we are here in Lawrence, and their powers going in and out, so there have been times tonight I haven't been able to check in on her. Its un-nerving.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

How are things there now? I see there is a good sized system over in your area. We've still got storms brewing here and our tornadoe watch has been extended until 2 am and they are expecting more of the same for tomorrow. I hope your in-laws are safe and sound. My mom's in Randolph County and their getting it worse than we are here in Lawrence, and their powers going in and out, so there have been times tonight I haven't been able to check in on her. Its un-nerving.
Finally got in touch with the in-laws. They are fine. Storm has knocked out power to alot of Springdale. Someone has died from a lightning strike in NWA..on the lake in Prairie Grove.

Still no rain, but its coming. The lightning is freaky right now.

It nice to have someone "local" in times like these.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Finally got in touch with the in-laws. They are fine. Storm has knocked out power to alot of Springdale. Someone has died from a lightning strike in NWA..on the lake in Prairie Grove.

Still no rain, but its coming. The lightning is freaky right now.

It nice to have someone "local" in times like these.
I know what you mean about the freaky lightning, it almost looks like the northern lights here. Constant lightning. Very disturbing.

Your right it's good to have someone to talk to when things like this are going on.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I know what you mean about the freaky lightning, it almost looks like the northern lights here. Constant lightning. Very disturbing.

Your right it's good to have someone to talk to when things like this are going on.
Its finally raining now...

Off the subject, but are you coming to any games on the Hill this season? It would be nice to meet you. We tailgate with http://www.hogville.net. Usually we have the food catered. Its a great site, check it out.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if we'll make it to any of the games this year or not. Usually DH is so busy during this time of year that we end up just watching them on TV instead. If we get some work over that way, we'll definately do our best to make it to at least one home game this season. When you own your own business its just so hard to gauge when you'll be able to take off or not. If we do get to make it I'll be sure to let you know! It would be awesome to get to meet!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I don't know if we'll make it to any of the games this year or not. Usually DH is so busy during this time of year that we end up just watching them on TV instead. If we get some work over that way, we'll definately do our best to make it to at least one home game this season. When you own your own business its just so hard to gauge when you'll be able to take off or not. If we do get to make it I'll be sure to let you know! It would be awesome to get to meet!
It would be fun. The last person I expected to meet on a cat site was a fellow Razorback!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It would be fun. The last person I expected to meet on a cat site was a fellow Razorback!
We come in all shapes and sizes don't we!!