Well, THAT didn't go as I expected...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are all so lovey! I feel better today, a bit sore but not as much as I thought - could be something to do with the hot bath and Vicks Vaporub that I covered myself in!!

He is a lovely trainer and I think you're right, I should tell him how I felt. It was not that I was embarrassed to be there, or thought people were looking at me - things like that don't generally bother me - it was just that I had a picture of my strength and fitness in my mind, and when the reality fell so far short of what I thought it was SUCH a shock!

But I do know it will get better, and I feel that maybe this time I can stick to it, because I've invested the money, now, and I have to do it or I've wasted a lot!! Also, I have just reached a point where I'm tired of constantly feeling tired, and being unhealthy, not to mention that dropping the 20kg I've put on would be amazing!!

Thank you for all of your kind words - you've made me feel a lot better

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a membership to a gym too, but to be honest, I don't remember when was the last time I went! I know how you feel, and I'm no good at giving advice to myself but excellent at giving it to others. So, I say, don't give up! You'll feel better soon! Now, if only I could listen to myself!

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Last night I joined a gym and signed up with a personal trainer. I am so sick of being fat and unfit and tired and unhappy all the time.

So I went tonight for my first session, thinking afterwards I would come out all pumped and energetic and positive, and instead I just feel stupid.

I had no idea how terribly unfit I've become, and how much strength I've lost. My trainer, Ben, is lovely, but I was just so embarrassed and ashamed. I ended up in tears in the change rooms afterwards wondering how on earth I could've ended up this way.

I feel very despondent now, instead of how I thought I'd feel. I know things will get easier and better but this was a real shock to my system and to my confidence, and I just feel miserable.
you will get there chick!

it does take time and it can be hard when we don't see results straight away, i was getting a little pudgy and started doing tae bo every day, after two weeks i noticed a huge difference and so did my husband who said i was dissapearing, best of all, i actually found tae bo easy to stick with and iv'e never stuck with any exersise regime before.

it will get better, just try to stay positive, i know how hard it can be