Well it's time for me to quit

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have never been a soda drinker. Every so often I will have a sip or two of Dr. Pepper but that is all. When I was little my mom would get mad when I would take a sip of my dads drink. She said that I would get addicted to them. Because I didn't grow up drinking sodas , I can't get use to the carbonation in them. Good luck with your goal of giving up sodas

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a pepsi addict. You can't make me stop!

I do wish you the best of luck.....pop really is terrible for you.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Stupid Dr. Pepper. Giving up soda really is great for you though and you will feel better. That stuff is harsh on your system, I hear you can take paint off a car with it after all. Good luck and good for you!

I have been doing this all my life, go years without it, then have it again for a long time.
The only two sodas I like are Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew. I don't care for the others. Rarely a Sprite or Root Beer, but I don't crave that. And I am very picky about those chosen two, the amount of ice, the temperature of the soda, carbonation, the type of cup served in, and so on. 2 liters never worked for me. The soda in glass bottles are the best, served ice cold, almost frozen, but not slushy at all, the first sips are the best. I can practically taste a fresh Dr. Pepper...just like I like it

Unfortunately I am on my "off" phase. But that doesn't mean I don't think about it at times.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I really need to stop drinking Pepsi... I drink waaaaaayyyy too much and it is affecting my stomach. I agree with trying the Mexican Coca Cola though, they sell it at our local Kroger's and it's really very good!
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I am a pepsi addict. You can't make me stop!

I do wish you the best of luck.....pop really is terrible for you.
I cannot give up pepsi!
I'm so addicted to it

Try Jones Soda's. They're really good and made with pure cane sugar

http://www.JonesSoda.com/

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I cannot give up pepsi!
I'm so addicted to it
You could if you really tried!
or had to for a health reason. I drank it for over twenty years. I just wish I had something else nice to drink to replace it, water all day gets to be a bit much and the electrolyte drinks (gatorade) are nasty.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

... I just wish I had something else nice to drink to replace it, water all day gets to be a bit much and the electrolyte drinks (gatorade) are nasty.
I don't know if this will help, but cold water with a splash of white grape juice or apple juice is good when you want a healthy alternative. Those juices are super-sweet so a little goes a long way. I get tired of drinking water when I'm sick and this drink is good (and healthy).

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good idea! I do not like either of those juices usually because they are too sweet. I'll have to try that.