Well, it's about honkin' time! (Emry's kittens are here!)

dshmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Congrats on yr new babies.If you only have one cat and want to keep one,I would as cats do better,in pairs.I didn't know cats could have such big litters as mine always averaged,around 4 or less.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gibbly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats on yr new babies. If you only have one cat and want to keep one,I would as cats do better,in pairs. I didn't know cats could have such big litters as mine always averaged,around 4 or less.
Thanks, I actualy have three cats, Emrys' sister Paint, and another cat, Finn..but that doesn't mean I still can't wanna keep one xD, but that'll be a decision to be made later once they've got personalities, and if I fall in love with one xD

cats CAN have up to 8 kittens or more, it's extrememly rare for them to have more than 6, and 6 is considered a large litter, the average is 2-4 kittens.

I've had a cat who had 7, and a friend of mine had a Maine coon mix who had 9, but two were tiny and died a few days after birth

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cats CAN have up to 8 kittens or more, it's extrememly rare for them to have more than 6, and 6 is considered a large litter, the average is 2-4 kittens.
6-8 is very common, 10-12 isn't unheard of either. Perhaps not the way you're breeding them, but in a controlled environment 6 is very normal.

gibbly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I figured I might as well, Here they are at 4  days and like 9 hours old, I sexed them again, and it actually looks like there are 3 girls and 3 boys, although the little tabby might actually be a girl as well.

Just because Ginger kittens are always pretty O3O

The girls, (torbie in the front, the smallest ginger tabby, and the gray tortie in the back) these are the for sure girls

EXTREMELY blurry pic of the boys (two deffinate, i can actually see where their bits will be) and one maybe (the tabby) who might actually be a girl

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are soooo cute!!  I would handle them as much as the mom would allow as to socialize them.  Mom will get agitated if you take them away from her for too long, so pay attention to the momma.

gibbly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here the kittens are today at (almost) 10 days old.

I cannot believe how different they look from just 10 (almost xD) days ago

everyone's eyes are open too!

I also cannot get over much much different the gray tortie looks compared to her brothers and sisters, her face is wider and her muzzle is shorter, makes me wonder if there was a possible third daddy in the mix

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, they are SO cute!

They look like a little bundle of Hallowe'en in those colours, lol.

l love the face of the 3rd pic orange guy.

gibbly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These aren't the worlds best pictures (really want another camera) and I was gonna wait until tomorrow, but I got bored and now that the kittens are paying more attention to their surroundings I'm going to start handling them a little every day.

plus I decided I'd introduce everybody by name!, since I hate not naming things lol, I decided to go with names from the Avatar the last airbender and Avatar the Legend of Korra cartoon tv series.

these are just "baby" names, something to call them until they go to their new homes

The brown torbie is Azula

The other brown torbie is Katara

The gray tortie is Korra

the ginger tabby girl is Momo

and the two ginger tabby boys are Sokka and Bolin

they are starting to sit up and starting to learn how to walk <3 soon they'll be playing and just, awww! I love these little guys to death u_u