Well, it looks like winter is here.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the first snowfall of the year. Sitting and watching the flakes fall with a nice cup of tea, sound muffled so quiet and peacefull.
The of course the bad part with snow blowers busting up the quite and the sounds of people (mostly me) cussing. AH, winter. Freeze your face off good times.

Oh, it was 82 here yesterday, currently its 60 at 3:10am.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like we're going to be enjoying an Indian Summer....it's supposed to get up to 78 F today! It should slowly drop all week, with a predicted high of 52 F on Friday. I just LOVE this time of year!!!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Looks like we're going to be enjoying an Indian Summer....it's supposed to get up to 78 F today! It should slowly drop all week, with a predicted high of 52 F on Friday. I just LOVE this time of year!!!
I do too, its just beautiful here with the trees all orange and red yellow. Bad part is I am under a big bunch of oak trees, good time for the squirrels with all the acorns falling, bad time for getting hit in the head by them! Ouch!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snow already!
Saying that there was a frost on the lawns where i live one day last week, and the berries on the trees were gone in a few days, so i had to put the birds fat balls in their feeders

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Send some snow here! The temps are are going back up to the mid-upper 80's, as well as touching back into the 90s. I HATE IT! It's been so beautiful in the mid-70s the last couple weeks. But I'd rather have snow than those hot, humid, nasty temps.

That, and I haven't seen a real snowfall in 4.5 years

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Send some snow here! The temps are are going back up to the mid-upper 80's, as well as touching back into the 90s. I HATE IT! It's been so beautiful in the mid-70s the last couple weeks. But I'd rather have snow than those hot, humid, nasty temps.
I'd take those temperatures over freezing temperatures any day.

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

That, and I haven't seen a real snowfall in 4.5 years
Well come to Saskatchewan. You will see a ridiculous amount of snow. I just went out and measured how much snow we actually got and just from last night and yesterday afternoon, we have 10 inches. As well as some 3-4 foot drifts. It's not a Canadian snowfall without 4 foot drifts.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I love the first snowfall of the year. Sitting and watching the flakes fall with a nice cup of tea, sound muffled so quiet and peacefull.
Yes, I love the first snowfall of the year as well. BUT, the first snowfall should not happen until the end of November or beginning of December. Just enough for Christmas.

In my books, it's not right to have snow before Halloween! Cooler temperatures, sure, but no snow!