well, i think i'm gonna do it...

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful news!!!
Can't wait to see pictures of your handsome boy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Laureen! I can't wait to see pictures. He looks like a cute big Chip!

Originally Posted by Taurus77

What's the vanilla do? This is new to me.
The vanill makes all of the cats smell the same. It makes the transition a little easier, for lack of a better explanation.

amandaofcols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YAAAAAAYYY!

I really wish I could get a new baby! Bandit is a handful for poor ole Maxxy but DB won't let me!!

BTW, Chip looks a lot like my Bandito...only MUCH bigger!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, he spent the afternoon & evening in the bathroom - Cable & Java were quite interested. Java was very upset, but has calmed down considerably. Pixel is simply avoiding him altogether. he came out for a little while this morning to explore. Java stayed away, Pixel stayed away - Cable followed him everywhere. he's not too happy with her, but it's mostly growling & hissing - & he hid under the bed for a while. he seemed happy when i shut him back up in the bedroom while i came here to the library - probably less stressful! but he LOVES me, rubs up against my legs, headbutts - etc. uses the litterbox for everything [except for the accident in the carrier on the way home yesterday
]. i took a pic but it's not that good, & i can't upload it until next week, anyway. all the cats have had some catnip this morning, for calming. i gave Chip some yesterday after we got home because of the stress of the car trip. he's very smart - i had put a catquilt in the carrier to help him acclimate to the smell of the resident cats. after he defecated, he covered it with the quilt. i've never had such an easy clean-up! hopefully i'll be back tomorrow with even better news. i think i'm going to look for some kind of gates i can put in the bathroom doorway so he & the others can see each other but still remain separated.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i bought the baby gate, which is great...except now Chip seems most comfortable under the bed!
so that was kind of a waste of my $10! anyway, Java's calmed down - she was very wary at first, & Pixel is doing well. Cable will still hiss at him, but he hisses back. no whacking or anything worrisome, tho. when he's not under the bed, he's pacing all over the place, so i'm having difficulty getting a really good pic! but i got a couple. i think it's really funny how 'macho' Cable is being - especially since she's about 1/2 his size! i guess she really is the top cat!

edited to add: almost forgot - size, coat, conformation & head shape - he looks like a British Shorthair much more than a Burmese - those shelter people don't seem to understand!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He sounds like a great addition to your family ... Congrates

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Congratulations on bringing home a new baby! Chip is gorgeous, and he sounds like such a little love.
well, everything's going well. Chip has found a wonderful perch on top of the icebox! i really don't mind him being there, since he doesn't knock stuff down like Cable does when she's up there. right now, all the girls are in the den with me, but Chip was under the bed, but came out when i went looking for him. i've finally gotten my home computer to do internet access, but still can't do everything i want, hence the different font, etc. got a couple of great pix of him to upload come Monday!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!! Chip is such a handsome boy!
Glad to hear things are working out with everyone.