Well, I can't believe I did it.... I really did it!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

First, I would take them to a dealer to see if any of them are valuable. They may offer you money for them right off the bat. If not, I would sell them on ebay. Either by themselves or in lots. I wouldn't sell them at a garage sale because you probably won't get much out of them. If you need any help with Ebay, send me a message.
Thanks - Let me see what he gives me this weekend. They may not be worth anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just to update everyone! Things are looking good!

My main concern with this job was the pay, and them taking advantage of me. I do a lot around the office, and don't get any credit for it. Well, when I put my 2 week notice in..... they said "We deny your right to quit!" They actually begged me to stay! They were buying me lunch, and just trying to get me to stay with them.

We sat down and had a discussion, and talked about what they could do to get me to stay with their company. First of all, I told them that I need July 4,5,6 and weekend off (I usually don't have to work the weekend anyway). Simply because July 6 is my birthday, and i'm going out of town! They said "No problem, you can have those days off!" Another thing I was worried about is when we get the baseball cards and I'm going to be needing time off to go get them, etc. They said "No problem, just let me know when you need off and we'll cover for you!" Wheew! Another worry of mine was that I was only getting $10 per hour, no overtime pay. I was working 50+ hours for these people, and doing more than what's in my job description. So, they made me Office Administrator. I went from $10 to $12 per hour (Not bad!). I also told them that I can't promise I'm going to be with them forever, because of the baseball cards I may need to quit later this summer. They said that was fine as long as I give a 1 week notice. They said they didn't know what to do without me! That feels good to hear!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Well, just to update everyone! Things are looking good!

My main concern with this job was the pay, and them taking advantage of me. I do a lot around the office, and don't get any credit for it. Well, when I put my 2 week notice in..... they said "We deny your right to quit!" They actually begged me to stay! They were buying me lunch, and just trying to get me to stay with them.

We sat down and had a discussion, and talked about what they could do to get me to stay with their company. First of all, I told them that I need July 4,5,6 and weekend off (I usually don't have to work the weekend anyway). Simply because July 6 is my birthday, and i'm going out of town! They said "No problem, you can have those days off!" Another thing I was worried about is when we get the baseball cards and I'm going to be needing time off to go get them, etc. They said "No problem, just let me know when you need off and we'll cover for you!" Wheew! Another worry of mine was that I was only getting $10 per hour, no overtime pay. I was working 50+ hours for these people, and doing more than what's in my job description. So, they made me Office Administrator. I went from $10 to $12 per hour (Not bad!). I also told them that I can't promise I'm going to be with them forever, because of the baseball cards I may need to quit later this summer. They said that was fine as long as I give a 1 week notice. They said they didn't know what to do without me! That feels good to hear!
I'm glad they are treating you a little better. Did you say anything about overtime?

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mentioned it. I pretty much told them that if they gave me a raise and gave me all the days off that I will be needing in the future, then I wouldn't make a big fuss about the overtime. It was hard enough to even put a 2 weeks notice in since I'm 'friends' with them. I know I won't be at this job for a LONG time, simply because of the baseball cards... so this is good for now

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to hear that you got a $2 raise! I hope they treat you better, you dont need to be treated like that!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was happy to get a $2 raise. It sure helps

BTW: Since I put my 2 weeks notice in (which I'm not quitting now!) they have been being SUPER nice to me. They've been buying me lunch, asking ME what time I want to get off work, they let me come into work at 8 today instead of 6... it really helps to put a 2 weeks notice in!
Also, before they had my hours as 7-5 then they switched them to 6-4... well I told THEM that I want it 7-5 again because 6 is too early for me! They said OK!