Well, got some bad news today.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. It hurts so much when someone you love is sick and hard decisions have to be made. Lots of hugs, kisses and best weshies from Kahli, Princess Alexis, KittenKiya and bad-boy Pete.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how sad for you that darling Charlie is heading downhill. But don't despair. My friend has a cat with kidney failure, and he has been on special meds for a couple of years now . . . he has his ups and downs but he is still hanging in there with a fairly good quality of life.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you will be keeping Charlie's welfare uppermost, and in the end you will do what you feel is best for him.

Give him a huge cuddle from me . . . I will be going home tonight and hugging my 3 kitties for all they're worth.

Massive hugs and positive thoughts of strength go out to you to.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear the news. How are you doing? Hanging in there? If you need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime. I check my e-mail like 8 times a day. But I have no experience with renal failure so all I can offer is a cyber hug. {{{{
}}}}

Guve Charlie a hug for me tonight ok? You guys are in my thoughts.

bibby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry- Charlie is beautiful and sounds like quite a character!

I've known for 2 years that my 10 year old Himmi has PKD and will probably die of renal failure- so I've had a lot of time to read up on the subject and think about what I will do when it happens.
She's OK with medication and would probably tolerate subcutaneous fluids- right now I believe I will do no more than that and spoil her rotten until the end.
Hopefully Charlie will have a while longer with you and have a good quality of life- whatever you decide.
My thoughts are with you and Charlie.
Best wishes
Catherine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

woeii

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tamme
How are you doing? Hanging in there? If you need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime.
I am ok. The weekend was stressed but Charlie was in good spirits. He is eating all of his favorite food and seems to be happy. I get a little broken up if I think about it too deeply. This has been hard. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and help, it has ment a lot.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just now see this thread

I am so sorry that your baby is not doing well and my heart is going out to you (((((((HUGS)))))))

I will say a prayer for both of you

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie was in good spirits. He is eating all of his favorite food and seems to be happy.
WOE, I was just wondering if your vet recommended feeding Charlie a diet of K/D? This is a cat food that's specially formulated to take the strain off a cat's kidneys. My cat, Snowball was diagnosed with early kidney disease 2 1/2 years ago when he was just 10 years old. He's been on a strict diet of K/D since his diagnosis, and so far, it's kept the kidney disease from progressing any further. K/D can even help improve kidney function. However, I'm not sure how effective K/D is with advamced kidney problems, but you can always ask your vet.

***Just my opinion***
As long as Charlie seems to be happy, and his quality of life is good, it would be worth it for you to check into anything that might benefit him and keep him with you a little longer.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My prayers are with you and with Charlie.
Keep us posted.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry. I just read this thread. WOE, Charlie and you are in my thoughts. I know how special he is to you, I'm so sorry. He's a beautiful boy. Keep us posted. Take care,