Well, Dang....our Bed Bath & Beyond Is Closing

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That's a bummer. We went in yesterday afternoon as I wanted to buy some extra cookie sheets. The check-out line had wound around so that the end of the line was at the back of the store. And no, I wasn't waiting that long. So we went back in last night and that's when we found out they were closing. I've bought a lot of stuff at our BB & B.

I bought three USA heavy cookie sheets. I may go back in Monday night to check out their baking section and see if there's anything I could use. There's a 20% discount on a lot of the items (but then again, a vast array of items in the store are not included in that 20% discount), plus I could probably use up the rest of my "20% off one item" coupons and get more cookie sheets, and some round layer pans. I also have some $10 coupons off $30 orders.

It's kind of a shame and I'm going to miss BB & B. It's getting to the point where we're not enjoying a variety of B & M stores in our area anymore.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How depressing. :( They just opened a 2nd location in my area, so I'm surprised to see they're closing stores in other places. Hope you find some more good deals before they're gone.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They closed one last year that was nearby to me, --they said the new contract/lease was too expensive (sigh).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You can always order on-line from them.
Ditto, I thought the same exact thing. :thumbsup:

I like Bed, Bath & Beyond too. Fortunately the one closest to us does very well so I hope they remain there for a long time.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We have several around here (at least so far) so if there's something you can't get, let me know. We also have a Sur la Table, but it's decidedly on the pricey side, as are the Williams Sonomas.

I buy a lot of cooking stuff at BB&B, and I've gotten some great prices on luxury count sheets. They're expensive, but worth it, and they sure outlast the cheaper stuff. Gotta have some luxuries!

I think BB&B made a big mistake when they combined with World Market and Buy Buy Baby. They stuck the equivalent of a non-pharmacy Walgreen's in ours. Did they really think I'm going to buy shampoo at their prices, even with a 20% discount?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really disappointed. And yes, I can (and have) buy items online. But it was just so much easier to run down or stop in on grocery nights.

Right now, BB & B is selling a 4-quart Staub Dutch Oven for $99. With their 20% discount and then my 20% coupon, well even Rick is saying we might have to stop in tonight before grabbing groceries.

Mother Dragon Mother Dragon Thank you. We have a WS about 60 miles south of here and I do get down there from time to time. But you're right; they are more expensive. I've never been in a Sur la Table, although I have gotten their catalogs.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our BB & B is moving to another location but as far as I know they are not going out of business. I like the store because you can find things there that you can't find in other stores.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been in a Sur la Table, although I have gotten their catalogs.
I really think you would like the Sur la table store immensely. I don't think anyone could leave without buying at least one item. The employees are not only friendly but very helpful. With all your cooking/baking knowledge and experience I'm sure you would love going into a store if you ever get the opportunity.