Welcome me to CatSite

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Jacy, welcome to the site. You too Kitty Ripper
Jacy, how long did you have Sophie? It can take quite awhile before cats will get along when a new one is introduced. Sometimes, it is rather easy, other times, it can take a few weeks or more. The best thing to do with a new cat in the house, especially if it isn't a little kitten, is to put the new cat in a room by itself. This way, both cats can get used to each others scents though the bottom of the door. You could put blankets and towels that Gary slept on in the other room with the new kitty. Cats are territorial animals and they need to work things out between themselves. If you are lucky, this can go rather easily, sometimes it just takes a while. I have 7 cats, 5 domestics and 2 wild Bobcats, that all live in the house together and love each other very much. Yes, there was and sometimes still are, a few cat spats here and there, but most of the time, they get along fine. Maybe you can try Sophie again? Just give her time and her own space for awhile, until she gets used to the new place. Cats can not be forced to get along with each other, they work it out on their own terms. Good luck with your new kitty family

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welcome! I am donna proudly owned by the incredible trio

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome!! Jacy, Gary and Sophie to TCS!

Thank you for posting those wonderful pictures, I look forward to seeing more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jacydale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fat Clumsy Cat

Welcome to TCS, your Gary is beautiful. Maybe he is scare that you will replace him with the new cat.
This was the main reason I took the other kitty back. I felt guilty because I didn't want Gary to think I was replacing him. I guess he likes being the man of the house. See, at first I thought it might be good for him to have a friend....I don't think he wants any friends but me. I'm fine with that

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I hope you, and your kitty enjoy your time here as much as I have! There are lots of caring cat loving people here that can help you out! Feel free to ask as many questions as you have or like!