weirdest things your cat has eaten

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a cat once that hated all people food except for 2 things: cantalope juice and the salt from pumpkin seeds.

Now my Scarlett likes every bit of people junk food. In the rare times that I do buy these things, she will crawl into a bag of potato chips, pretzels, Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers (she tries to eat those out of my mouth), tortilla chips.......

And of course all of mine vie with each other to lick the bottom of an ice cream bowl.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jake is not the kind of cat to try to put everything in his mouth. Aside from tuna, he will basically go for any human food that comes out of a can, my guess is because it reminds him of his own food- he will smell it but if it's not tuna he won't eat it. He also gets excited when I eat raisins or things that come in packages similar to his treats
but again- he quickly gives up when he realizes it's not treats.
He also likes beef jerky, but he won't eat fresh cooked fish or fresh cooked meat that hasn't come out of a can.
The only non meat food he really likes is bananas. Every time I eat a banana he really meows for me to give him some.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Dryer lint?! I think you might just have won a prize with that answer!

Glad to see my boy isn't the only "starving" cat out there trying to steal anything left unattended. I forgot to add marshmallows. We once had a tug-o-war with a marshmallow that was in my mouth at the time.
Yup my boy is a strange one. The first time I saw him do it I nearly flipped. I had visions of fur/lint balls being thrown up on the carpet. But it didn't seem to bother him.

I did see a post about a cat eating his own fur. I do find a lot of fur in the lint filter. Maybe that's what attracts him.

captain dave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
YES! I AM RESURRECTING THIS THREAD! FEAR ME!!! MUAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Seriously, how is this not a game? AbbysMom - you need to step in here...your games get all the posts! :-)

What is the weirdest thing your cat has eaten?

Zoey: The lining of my leather jacket. I don't know what she sees in it, but she keeps trying to eat it.

Abby: A piece of fuzz that she successfully stalked.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat once found a line of grease ants and licked them off the wall, eating them all.

captain dave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat once found a line of grease ants and licked them off the wall, eating them all.
OMG that is hilarious! Glad they weren't fire ants or that could've resulted in a trip to the emergency vet clinic! Yikes!

Sometimes cats will just think with their tongues and/or stomachs. When Abby ate the piece of fuzz, all I could do was just sit there with a completely perplexed look on my face, thinking to myself, "She didn't really just do that, did she???"

Often it's just funny, but sometimes it can be dangerous. For this reason, I've been doing everything possible to remove such temptations from this boat...and then last night, Abby successfully caught and ate a fly...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing out of the ordinary. They occasionally get a little pumpkin puree but aside from that just their regular food and some plain meat. They are not offered anything else. 

Bailey the border collie?? She'll eat anything. My late DH once found a petrified frog in the shed (we live in Florida and there are frogs and toads everywhere). The 10 year old in him decided that I needed to see the poor frog so he showed it to me then left it on the front steps. On her way to the back "facilities", the dog ate it. It didn't agree with her at all and she spewed like a fountain from both ends while DH and I were at work the next day. Fortunately, she did this in her crate. DD found that horror show when she got home from school. When DH got home, they had to take her- crate and all outside to bathe her and hose out the cage. When I got home, they told me what happened and then DH said this:

"You got lucky. YOU didn't have to clean that up."

I said

"Why should I? YOU are the one who left the frog where she could find it and eat it."

Bailey was fine. She just needed to get that out of her system. She is still alive and well at almost 14. She has eaten many a bug since then but no other frogs or toads 

She also has a taste for cat vomit. Henry lost his dinner once and by the time I was able to grab a bag and some paper towels to start the cleanup and got back to the spot, it was all gone and she stood there grinning like a fool. Cat vomit stays down with her. It's a nice treat. Thankfully she does NOT snack in the litter box which I'm happy about considering that the cat room is her favorite place to hang out.  

Last edited:

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
↑ oh my, that sounds like multiple layers of gross.

I suppose I'm lucky, my fur babies are all fairly picky eaters...

but Toothless bit and ate a piece of a cosmic brown off before I could stop her. Don't think she liked it too much since she's never attempted to sneak a bite since. Andy loves white cheddar popcorn. All 3 go berserk for beef jerky. I have to lock myself in the bathroom if I don't want to share with them.

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine tried to eat my guacamole last night.

A few days ago he was trying to eat chocolate chips.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Honeybee loves goldfish crackers. Actually any cracker she will bug me to share with her. Especially those cheese crackers and cheese filling those orange coloured ones.
She thinks that I am mommy and licks anything on my finger. At least once.

She's had a bite of everything that I eat except onions garlic and grapes. I caught her chewing on the empty grape vine thingy that DB left on the couch to throw away. It wasn't very long. I immediately got her to drink water just incase. We have to make sure nothing is accessible because she will try to eat it.

Bugs of course. Grass. Yep. Leaves..no just likes to bite them.

Floey loves butter and bread as well as meats. She tried to steal my steak sub once. Or at least she was eating kne end of it. I cut it off and let her have some. I think it was the butter on the roll before putting steak in it..needless to say she didn't eat much of it. She used to bite the strawberries in my gardens. She used to eat strawberry ice cream. And ice cream at the bottom of the bowl. Now she doesn't care for it

Pumpkin face only likes fish. No chicken. No Turkey. She loves shrimps. She won't bother the food