Weirdest cat names?

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The people I stayed with in the bay area had some interesting cat names. There were sisters, Motorbox and Tail end. And there was the wild girl Steve, or Steven. I also had a cat named Cat. Nothing else suited him. He was my Cool Cat. I'm trying to think of names for my new boys now. Coming up dry...
Post some pictures and maybe we can help you come up with some names for them! Facial expressions, markings, personality, 'quirky habits', and tradition have helped me decide on names for cats I've had.

I have a Maine Coon named Kricket because when he was a baby we were out on the deck and he was playing/chasing a cricket for almost an hour. Then it finally hopped off into the grass and got away! LOL 

My black DSH is named Keeker. Before I was even born, my Mom had a black Persian. My brother, who was just learning to talk, couldn't say 'kitty cat', so when ever he tried to call him, all that came out was, "Here kee-ker". After he (the cat) went to Rainbow Bridge, my Mom got another black Persian and he was named Keeker II. Them my sister got a black DSH about 14 years ago and she named him Keeker III.  So, when I got my little furball a year and a half ago (he was literally placed in my cupped hands as a total surprise!) I took one look at him and said, "Hi, Keeker"!  He is now Keeker IV.

My Mom also had a cat that she named George (after an Uncle who was just a plain old grump - like the cat). When she took him to get neutered she found out George was a girl! So, the name changed to Georgie!

And a barn cat got his tail slammed in the screen door trying to sneak in the house when he was a kitten. The last inch of his tail ended up permanently bent, so his name ended up being Kink.

When my daughter was little, she tried catching one of the kittens in the barn and not having much luck. I heard her yell, "Come here, you little rascal!" And his name became Rascal. 

I had a pure white Angora many years ago. In the visible spectrum, white  reflects light and is a presence of all colors. I was an art major at the time, so her name became Pallette. 

We also had a seal point Himalayan. His name was Meerschaum.  When Himalayan's are born, they are white and their coloring becomes more prominent as they age. Some tobacco pipes are made out of the mineral meerschaum which starts out white. When tobacco is smoked in them, the resin will give a gradually dark brown patina to it.  The name fit.

My sister's Siamese was named Cinderella (Ella for short) because when her daughter saw her, she said, "Awwww! She looks just like Cinderella with little smudges of soot on her face and paws"! 

Mercedes was found in the wheel-well of the car up on top of the tire. And an old roommate called one of my cats Ragweed because it made her sneeze all the time!  Marmalade and Peaches were both orange cats. Smokie was gray, of course. And Emerald had the brightest green eyes!  Callie was a calico and Emma was a tabby with a big "M" on her forehead.

I've had so many different cats over the years. Trying to think of all their names just brought back so many wonderful memories. But, each cat's name had a special meaning behind it

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is my cat Ingvild Solveig. Her name is Norwegian. Ingvild means "under the protection of Ing, the Norse god of battle" and Solveig means "from the sun".

This is my cat Sniffles. No reason why I named her that; I just thought it would be a cute name. :)

My parents kept one of my cats when I moved out and his name is Face. He's a tuxedo cat with a white goatee. (Same coloring/markings as my Ingvild Solveig, actually.)

And one of my old foster kittens was called Charlie Mittens von Scruffle Pants. She was a fluffy little thing and it looked like she was wearing pantaloons. :)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
When I adopted Paul, his full name was Paul Anka, after the singer. I don't know what prompted the name but it does fit him in some odd way. When I speak to him sternly, it is with his full name. Otherwise he is just Paul The Boy.

naricaution

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Post some pictures and maybe we can help you come up with some names for them! Facial expressions, markings, personality, 'quirky habits', and tradition have helped me decide on names for cats I've had.
Pictures, I can post. So far I'm considering calling this one Fenris. It means "little wolf" in the dragon age games. And I think it suits him. Plus, I could just call him Fin for short.

I love his little moustache thing going on.

He's a crazy little guy. Always jumping around and getting into trouble.

He's so handsome when he's sitting still.

Next is his brother, I'm considering calling him Qhorin Half-tail after Qhorin Halfhand from game of thrones. Both picked out my my guy, they're starting to grow on me. Lol they could be Fun and Rin.

He's a cuddle bug
He doesn't really have markings but he's the grey/brownest

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a orange/white cat named Mario Batali after the chef

We also have a Chubby Butt 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat's names and what we call them aren't always the same... Zoe (Princess Zobeski Brown Fur), Chicken (The Weck), Puff or Lil' Puff (Peeloof), Sophia Kitten or Sophie (Siffy) & Tee or Baby Tee (Tiffany Marchelle).
And that's just the tip of the iceberg ;)

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While most of my pet's names morph into other strange nick-names I've had a few with strange names in their own right. I have a 'Mooni', now, and my first cat, at age four, was 'Moonie', too. Orange as the moon.

I've had 'Jaune Tom' which for a tuxedo was a strange name since jaune means 'yellow'.

Then I had a Siamese called 'Clint', one named "Tsingtao' (like the beer), and one called 'Tsu Nyung'.

A long line of black cats such as a black DSH called 'Xiao', another called 'Fangus' (for the dog-bit missing upper lip),  'Skyzyx', and one called 'Sumi', who is now 16 years old.

After that I started calling them more normal names, like 'Lilo' a DLH dilute torbie,  'Tippi' a DLH dilute tortie who had an orange-tipped tail, until the sisters were rescued in the middle of of a blazing summer discarded at the creek. The sunny faced one I called 'Aushio', which in Hebrew means 'I will save'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
While most of my pet's names morph into other strange nick-names I've had a few with strange names in their own right. I have a 'Mooni', now, and my first cat, at age four, was 'Moonie', too. Orange as the moon.

I've had 'Jaune Tom' which for a tuxedo was a strange name since jaune means 'yellow'.

Then I had a Siamese called 'Clint', one named "Tsingtao' (like the beer), and one called 'Tsu Nyung'.

A long line of black cats such as a black DSH called 'Xiao', another called 'Fangus' (for the dog-bit missing upper lip),  'Skyzyx', and one called 'Sumi', who is now 16 years old.

After that I started calling them more normal names, like 'Lilo' a DLH dilute torbie,  'Tippi' a DLH dilute tortie who had an orange-tipped tail, until the sisters were rescued in the middle of of a blazing summer discarded at the creek. The sunny faced one I called 'Aushio', which in Hebrew means 'I will save'.
Moonie and Lilo are actually really cute names!