Weird Spot On My Kitten.

Abdullah.A

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was wondering what this weird spot was, perhaps it's a bump from when she bumped her face? I'm sure it's no big deal but I want to confirm and if there is any way to treat her. This bump is located on the right of her upper lip.

20170801_042545.jpg

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There isn't enough detail in the picture to even make a guess, really. Or not for me, but I don't have the experience that some others do. If she is behaving, eating, drinking normally, I'd watch it for a few days, and if there is no change, or it gets bigger, take her in for a vet check. MOST of the time, these things are minor, but occasionally treatment is needed.

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can definitely see something there but it is hard to see the detail. I usually give things like that a week to 10 days to see if they resolve on their own and if not it's off to the vet. That's if it's not bothering her and she is acting normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abdullah.A

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There isn't enough detail in the picture to even make a guess, really. Or not for me, but I don't have the experience that some others do. If she is behaving, eating, drinking normally, I'd watch it for a few days, and if there is no change, or it gets bigger, take her in for a vet check. MOST of the time, these things are minor, but occasionally treatment is needed.
Thank you for your reply, I have taken a better picture but it feels even more concerning looking at it now. We are taking her to the vet in two weeks but perhaps I'll take her earlier if this needs immediate treatment, here's the picture:

20170801_225637.jpg

Abdullah.A

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can definitely see something there but it is hard to see the detail. I usually give things like that a week to 10 days to see if they resolve on their own and if not it's off to the vet. That's if it's not bothering her and she is acting normal.
Yes I understand, I have sent a better picture.

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That doesn't look good. It's in an odd spot. If it seems to be bothering her I would take her sooner. It looks like a large area. As somebody else said, usually these things are minor, sometimes called hot spots that don't heal if they keep messing with it. But I would definitely take her if it's not going away.

Abdullah.A

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That doesn't look good. It's in an odd spot. If it seems to be bothering her I would take her sooner. It looks like a large area. As somebody else said, usually these things are minor, sometimes called hot spots that don't heal if they keep messing with it. But I would definitely take her if it's not going away.
No, it isn't bothering her at all actually, she behaves normally and it's been there for about 3 days, and it hasn't grown any larger, you can see the size of the spot from the first picture. Saying all this makes me confident that she'll be okay :hellocomputer:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Then just keep watching, and take her sooner if it grows, or if her behavior changes. OH, and be sure to let us know what the vet says!

Abdullah.A

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Then just keep watching, and take her sooner if it grows, or if her behavior changes. OH, and be sure to let us know what the vet says!
I will, thank you for your kind help!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's what TCS is all about, helping as many cats and cat owners as possible, in any way we can. Don't forget to update us after the vet visit. We consider you a part of our community now.

Abdullah.A

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, so it's been a week and here's what it looks like:
15020988140781788802909.jpg
I took her to the vet and they gave me so small circular white pills, her diagnosis wasn't clear so I'm not sure what this is.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat had something similar a couple of months ago, I wasn't sure either if it was a bruise or a bug bite. It didn't change except to get darker and he lost his hair on it, but it finally went away. It took a good month though. He is white so you could really see it. He didn't react like it hurt when touched, and it didn't change, so I didn't bring him in. Something that appears suddenly like this is usually benign. I hope this is the case for your kitten. I really think it may be a spider bite. But to ease your mind you should seek a vet's advise. All the luck!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still bumfoozled about what that could be. Let us know how the pills work!