Weird random question

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you remember a time from when you were little or more recently (but I'm talking months or years) where you damaged that toe or toenail? When you damage the matrix in your nail bed (which is where the nail grows from) you can have permanently disfigured, misshapen or weak nails on that toe/finger, because you've damaged the place where the nail is formed. If it's cracked right down the middle and you feel no pain at all, it could be because the underlying mechanism is damaged and it just grows weaker.

It also means when you press on it and there's no pain, that your nerve endings under the toe are either a) not damaged (therefore no pain) or b) they ARE damaged and therefore no pain.

It may not be anything serious but I would perhaps go to another doctor closer to you just to check it out. Better to be safe I guess. I don't think painting it would kill you but you are probably better to be sure. What about a Sesame Street band-aid or something? They are soooooo cute and better than polish because it shows you have a sense of humour. Could even be a good talking point if you meet a cute guy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did paint it..then thought better of it and took the polish off. I am now covering with a bandaid, and wearing sandals with the rest of my toes painted.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it..I think I must have wacked it without remembering. I can press on that toe hard enough to feel it, and can still stub it and hurt it, so I think the nerve endings are fine.

I will ask my doctor about it in August though...or if it doesn't grow out normally or gets weird looking, I will go to a walk in clinic.

Thanks guys!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night as I was sleeping, my little toenail crack got ripped off.

It doesn't hurt or anything, I just noticed it was off this morning. Its not actually that far down at all..and it isn't bleeding, pussing, or anything..it actually looks normal under there..just skin.

I think I am g2g

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

So last night as I was sleeping, my little toenail crack got ripped off.

It doesn't hurt or anything, I just noticed it was off this morning. Its not actually that far down at all..and it isn't bleeding, pussing, or anything..it actually looks normal under there..just skin.

I think I am g2g
Now all you have to worry about is those albino chicken legs...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Now all you have to worry about is those albino chicken legs...
OkAY, how many threads are you going to mention that in?