Weird mass in cats pee? Please help.

Savannah1204

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I woke up this morning to see my cat peed near the litter box (at least I’m pretty sure it’s pee because it’s very watery but it could be vomit) and this is what the pee looked like. It had big white masses with hair in it. I have no idea what it is and can’t find anything on Google. She has also been vomiting for a couple days but I assumed it was just because I changed her food but now I’m not sure. Any ideas ?

Attachments

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning to see my cat peed near the litter box (at least I’m pretty sure it’s pee because it’s very watery but it could be vomit) and this is what the pee looked like. It had big white masses with hair in it. I have no idea what it is and can’t find anything on Google. She has also been vomiting for a couple days but I assumed it was just because I changed her food but now I’m not sure. Any ideas ?
I do not think that is pee because I don't believe a cat could pass such a large mass. Also, it looks like vomit but what I am unable to ascertain is wheather that is hair or some fiber or worms.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hairball she finally was able to get out first pic you can see a strand of human hair to time to shave your head bald. sorry after looking closer it reminds me of a peice of styrofoam or sponge with a strand of human hair.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks like vomit. What color is your cat? If darker colored, then I am guessing she ate some type of non-food item. Seeing hair in it could be from a hairball that she threw up with the mystery item, or it could be that wherever she found this thing she ate there was hair there that she ingested as well. If the new food is similar in color, it could be that too. Vomiting previously could be related to a hairball, but it could also be related to the new food upsetting her stomach and not being digested well.

Is your cat prone to eating non-food items? I would search around for items that match the texture and color to see if you might be able to identify what she ate. If it looks like the color of the food, you might want to put her back on what she was eating before.

Whatever you do, monitor her closely for more vomiting or other signs that she isn't feeling well. If she did eat a foreign item, some of it could still be in her digestive tract and cause additional issues. Also, monitor her litter box for poop with similar 'stuff' in it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That looks like vomit. The white things do look weird. Could she have gotten into something and thrown it up?

If it makes you feel any better when I was a new cat owner I brought samples of the weird vomit my cat had when she was very sick and it ended up being diarrhea.