Weird Injury or something on cats foot

catlover0202

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Today i have discovered a weird what it looks like a injury but im not sure what it is on cats foot.
Does anyone know what this is ?
20210822_232047.jpg
20210822_232121.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! From the pic it looks as if some skin might be raised, as in a lump, but that may just be the angle. We can't tell or diagnose just by looking at the pic, so some questions. Does your cat go outside, jump over fences, indoor only, bite or scratch from another cat? Infected looking or are you seeing any pus or actively oozing blood? Did it happen today or did you just see it? Will your vet allow you to send a picture to him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover0202

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! From the pic it looks as if some skin might be raised, as in a lump, but that may just be the angle. We can't tell or diagnose just by looking at the pic, so some questions. Does your cat go outside, jump over fences, indoor only, bite or scratch from another cat? Infected looking or are you seeing any pus or actively oozing blood? Did it happen today or did you just see it? Will your vet allow you to send a picture to him?
It is an indoor cat, but we let the cat go outside for a few hours but only in our plot that is fenced. We keep an eye on the cat so she doesent jump the fence and run away from home. My cat did jump over the fence 2 times before but got back home after about 2-3 hours. And today it jumped our fence the 3rd time, but we saw here over at our Neighbours plot and got the cat back home. I saw this lump today, could it be because the cat ran from home? I dont know if its infected or not but it is not oozing blood.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds as if it could be an injury, especially if she had to scramble over the fence. But once she is outside, it could be anything, even something random like a cat who is not a regular but showed up unexpectedly. I would call the vet in case she needs antibiotics or it needs to be cleaned and dressed. If you let it ride and it gets worse, the bill gets bigger, and of course the discomfort of your cat.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks to me like an injury. You can try cleaning it up with a home remedy - chamomile tea, use standard tea bags purchased from a regular grocery store. Most are German - you don't want English or any flavorings/additives. Brew a bag in water, cool to room temp and dab it on the wound with cotton balls or a soft cloth, multiple times a day. The tea has both healing and soothing agents, and is an anti-bacterial/fungal agent. It is also safe for your cat to ingest. Keep your cat indoors, and if you don't see improvement within a day - or, see negative changes, you need to consult with your vet about how to move forward.