Weird habits

t35t3r

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My wife has quite a few stuffed bears in our house and our cat has taken to suckle on one in particular. One day we brought home a build a bear and would find it thrown around the house in the morning. One night we caught her picking it up off the dresser and dropping it off the edge and dragging it away. This stopped a year and  ahalf later. fast forward 2 years and I brought home a stuffed bunny. Now we find this bunny all through out the house in the middle of the night. Also, when we leave the house, we will find the bunny next to the door waiting for us and at times in our closet or at the entrance to her little cat house. If we place the bunny next to her, she gets aggrevated and begins to attack and scratch the bunny. Also rarely, she will grab the bunny and bring it near us and start Meowing loudly. What does this all mean!?!?!

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your cat has a favorite toy. My cats do this with random toys every once in a while, and I will find them in the strangest places. The meowing is to get you to throw the toy or play with your cat in some way, the scratching and excitement when you plce the toy next to her is how cats play.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had mine do that with particular toys, socks, rags, etc. My Max loved a yellow ball (nerf type one the started out the size of a golf ball) so much that he'd growl at any cat that tried to touch it, unless of course the cat was his girlfriend, and he would drop it at her feet to show is love for her. He had it for years and was about the size of a marble by the time he died. Then there was Dakota with his socks (always my husbands that were clean and rolled up in a ball)......

They find their favorite toys sometimes and stick to them. Sometimes they are stuffed animals.