Weird Behavior.

missprincess92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright, so, I'm having an issue with my 5 month old baby. I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. He's eating, drinking, & using the bathroom normally. He doesn't seem to bee running a fever & his gums are not pale. He's not coughing or vomiting & eyes are clear, he's not even sneezing.

But... his behavior is off. I called my vet to see what they thought, if I should bring him in or give him a day or two. Which I have, I maybee making a trip to their office tomorrow. They told me to pay attention for bowel movements & if he continues to eat & hyrdate. He's laying around, he walks around occasionally, & he looks at things like he wants to play with them, but, he's not. This is out of the norm for him, since he's my most active trouble maker. I've been keeping a close eye on him, nothings changed.

He's acting different. He's not being as active at all. I can get him to play for a few second's & then nothing. I'm so confused. I don't understand what's going on. He'll still run to me when it's time for treats but he won't do anything else. & he's also not hiding out like most cats do when things go weird. I just have no explanation for this. But, I'm pretty concerned. Any input would help.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had this experience with my 4 month kitten. He became lethargic, wanted to sleep more, and less interested in play. He was still eating, but he was eating less than usual. I figured it was because he wasn't playing as much. But, after a couple of days like this he started whining and growling a lot. I ended up taking him to the hospital and he had a fever and needed antibiotics.

If I were you I would take him to the vet and have them check his fever and possibly do a blood test. Cats are good at hiding illness and sometimes it only shows up in very subtle ways. Trust your instincts.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He could be getting ready for a growth spurt. My little guy used to get very sleepy and lethargic, but have normal eating, bathroom, and play habits just before he was going to grow. He could also be teething and getting his permanent canines in since he's approaching 6 mos.