Weird behavior on multi-cat home

whc216

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello

I have one female cat but recently, I have two more male cats, because I have to take care of my friend's cats.

Thing wasn't that bad, since my cat is used to living in multi-cat home (that was her previous environment before she came to me).

My cat is about 1-2 years old, and one of my friend's cats is 1 year old kitten, and another is about 4 years old.

It seems like my cat sometimes hangs out well with the 1 year old kitten. However, often, that kitten crosses the limitation, it makes my cat really upset. Normally, that 4 years old cat does not really want to involve in anything, so he either sleeps or watches.

Anyway, I recently noticed very weird behavior that someone can probably help me on what it means?

So my cat is still shy about other cats that when they approach way to close to her, she is being more defensive (growl, hiss, often slap). Few days ago, while my cat was pretty upset at kitten, 4 years old cat suddenly approached to my cat. Not sure what it means but I can feel that 4 years old cat is also scared, because he lowered his posture, and slowly approach to her (he is very timid and coward in general too). My cat started to go even more crazier (louder hiss/growl), but that 4 years old cat just keep staring at my cat, and sits down in front of her.

Yesterday, same thing happened again. After my cat was upset at kitten, that 4 years old cat approached to my cat again, and just staring at her. He just followed wherever my cat goes, lowered his posture and sit near her. But his tail was wagging crazily (a big swing). I thought he was gonna attack my cat, but basically, when my cat hissed/growled, he didn't do anything but make a soft meow several times. I don't know what's up to him, but he does not do this all the time when my cat got mad, but very random time. All the cats in my home are spayed or neutered so I don't think it's related to that.

Thanks,