Weight and Behavior Problems. Please help.

*alleycat*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a dilema. Here is a bit of background. I have 6 furbabies living in the house with me. Now the problems: I have one kitty who is overweight and desperately needs to lose weight. This kitty (Lucky) is already on a special canned food (Hills C/D) because he gets stones. I feed him separately everyday. I also leave dry food (Royal Canin 34 Extreme hairball) out for them to graze on throughout the day. I realize I could take the dry away and stop the grazing. The 2nd problem comes in at that point. Kitty #2 (Teddy) when he gets hungry he wakes me up and destroys the blinds by chewing them. I have tried all the awful tasting sprays on the blinds and that does no good. He just keeps licking them. I even tried Cayenne pepper mixed into water sprayed on them. (Maybe I should do that again, perhaps it's wore off?)

So to summarize: I need a way to help Lucky lose weight while not having Teddy chewing up my blinds and catcalling in the night.

TIA

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only real way to help them both is to go to scheduled feedings and not keep food out. When the other one is hungry, get up and feed him, or shut the door to your room so he won't wake you.