Weekend plans????

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We cleaned house, litter boxes, bowls, and played on the computer and took a nap
lazy day!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, no problems putting up the new mailbox. the shelves were another story! i bought ready-made shelves, plus L brackets to put them on. got the first set of L brackets screwed in & then the shelves wouldn't sit on them like i had planned. evidently i installed them upside down
like L's. they're supposed to go the other way, like 7's. i personally think they should be called 7 brackets!
called my dad for advice - he's going to make some cleats [from wood] to use instead of the L [7!] brackets. i'm taking back the ones i didn't use yet.
home improvement would be a
of a lot easier if i had a DH!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, no problems putting up the new mailbox. the shelves were another story! i bought ready-made shelves, plus L brackets to put them on. got the first set of L brackets screwed in & then the shelves wouldn't sit on them like i had planned. evidently i installed them upside down
like L's. they're supposed to go the other way, like 7's. i personally think they should be called 7 brackets!
called my dad for advice - he's going to make some cleats [from wood] to use instead of the L [7!] brackets. i'm taking back the ones i didn't use yet.
home improvement would be a
of a lot easier if i had a DH!
I'm not too sure on that
my DH, I love him, but he isn't too handy with tools.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same ol', same ol' here...

Last night was movie night. Today, I spent running draft try-outs for our softball league (I'm on the Board of Director's for my daughters' league). Tomorrow, I will spend coaxing hubby to put in an electric line for my new dryer before he goes out of town again (he's a truck driver). Getting tired of hanging my clothes to dry in this winter weather!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am lucky that DH knows how to fix just about everything
I tell him that all the time. He knows carpentry, plumbing, and electric. I've asked him a few times "what DON'T you know how to do/fix?"...he just laughs.

But he's a good teacher - patient too - he's shown and taught me a lot of how to fix things.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Am lucky that DH knows how to fix just about everything
I tell him that all the time. He knows carpentry, plumbing, and electric. I've asked him a few times "what DON'T you know how to do/fix?"...he just laughs.
Oh my hubby knows how to fix it... He was a carpenter/electrician/roofer prior to his truck driving days.

But getting him to do it is another story!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have shelves! granted, not as many as i intended... he says i didn't explain well enough what i was wanting. i called my mom & asked her if she had understood what i wanted, & she said yes... so i think the problem was he wasn't really listening to my explanation!
he's coming back another time to put up cleats for the 2nd row of shelves.
i
my daddy!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend Rob went to work on Saturday for a few hours, then him, his dad, and his brother dropped off some furniture we got for free at our storage unit. When he got back we went to China Buffet for dinner
Watched Saw IV (which wasn't as crappy as I had heard, IMO), then slept in on Sunday!

Today we went to the storage unit again, then grocery shopping. He had to go out to a warehouse his boss owns to clean some transmission stuff, and then we just sort of hung around the house being lazy today (my favorite thing to do on a Sunday
)

We did mean to go to Target because we have a 10% off gift card for anything remaining on our wedding registry, but it expires April 11. Of course I forgot the card AND the printout of the registry today!