Weekend pizza?

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had pizza last weekend, and that's all I'll 'let' him have for a few months!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And we also do homeade pizza for our famoly Christmas get together. (Kids sure are intrested in a big meal that day!) So homemade pizza is our family`s tradition.
Linda

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pizza. There are 4 places within half a block from me where I can get take out, so I do order it way too often. My excuse is, the cats love sleeping in the empty pizza box. So there's always a box under my coffee table. Sam is a Large, Bailey is a Medium. They're not fussy about the toppings.

And Marie, I'd love Montreal pizza - I prefer the cheese on top of the toppings. There's only one place in town here that makes it that way, and it would seem silly to order from them, when I have 4 perfectly acceptable options just steps from my front door.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should post this....

I have a thin and crispy cajun chicken pizza for dinner tonight

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know we would but there really isn't anywhere to order pizza where we live...so we usually make our own

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I graduated from college I worked at a take and bake pizza place for 6 weeks until I got a real job. I had pizza practically every day!!!!
But where we live its either take and bake, frozen or dine out for pizza. I think though-this could be another poll-favorite pizza/place. I think here the mom and pop places are much better than the national chains. In Wisconsin as some TCS members are aware there is a chain of grocery stores called Woodmans. The stores are ENORMUS!!!!
I believe that they carry no less than 30-35 different brands of pizza. Then of course the topping varieties too. I bet there frozen pizza section is larger than some stores entire frozen food section. The "organic" pizzas are not included in my estimate.
I kid you not!!!!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I answered 'no' even though we do order pizza on the weekend every once in awhile, when I'm feeling lazy.
We don't have it every weekend, though. If there was a 'sometimes' answer, that's what I would have picked.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lol I had freezer pizza for lunch yesterday(fri.), went to a movie last night so had Jake's Pizza(the best you'll ever have!!), reheated Jake's pizza for breakfast, reheated Jake's pizza for lunch, & guess what I am going to have for supper!?!?
I live for Pizza!!!

Sadly, there isn't a pizza place in town.
I can get a slice of pizza at the gas station.
I have to drive 20 minutes to get to the nearest town with a pizza place. It has been snowing here, but thank god I live right off the interstate & they keep it frre of snow(mostly). I don't know if I could have gone very much longer with a real pizza!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If anyone wants to bring me a gluten and presvative free pizza I will gladly eat

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade pizza is definitely a weekend phenomenon, because I make my own sauce, and like the dough to have enough time to raise (have to justify not throwing out the bread-baking machine somehow - it's great for kneading dough). We usually have store-bought pizza in the freezer for evenings when I'm too tired or busy to cook. I can't remember the last time we had take-out pizza.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Homemade pizza is definitely a weekend phenomenon, because I make my own sauce, and like the dough to have enough time to raise (have to justify not throwing out the bread-baking machine somehow - it's great for kneading dough). We usually have store-bought pizza in the freezer for evenings when I'm too tired or busy to cook. I can't remember the last time we had take-out pizza.
Do they have take out pizza in Germany? Is it good?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Do they have take out pizza in Germany? Is it good?
Italians are a major minority here (guest workers in the third generation), so we have Italian restaurants and take-out services on every other corner. I'll probably be lynched for saying this, but I find Italian-American pizza much better than Italian pizza. I've also been told by a few Italians that my (American) lasagna is better than what you'd get in a lot of Italian restaurants in Europe. More meat!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Italians are a major minority here (guest workers in the third generation), so we have Italian restaurants and take-out services on every other corner. I'll probably be lynched for saying this, but I find Italian-American pizza much better than Italian pizza. I've also been told by a few Italians that my (American) lasagna is better than what you'd get in a lot of Italian restaurants in Europe. More meat!
Interesting Trish. I wonder if I would enjoy a pizza from Italy or another European location. We have a ton of pizza places in Winnipeg, but I only like pizza from about 2 places. The rest are mediocre at best or even worse. What kind of pizza combinations do you eat anyway?