Weekend photo shoot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Let me see if I can remember my steps...

I selected Smudge using the Magic Wand (and getting all of her) then Ctrl+J for creating a new layer of just her. Then I used the Curves to lighten her to where you can see her.
Then I went back to the background layer, selected her again, feathered the selection by 2 pixels, selected inverse, then back to the new Smudge layer and deleted the outside which was quite a white line around her. The feathering gave it more of a natural look, going from the lightened back to the darker.

Aren't you glad you asked? LOL
No, that's great!! I'm keen to try it myself using Gimp to see if I can do the same thing for future photos!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does stumpy think about it when lily and smudge are snuggling?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

What does stumpy think about it when lily and smudge are snuggling?
She doesn't care - we got her a nice new big bed that she loves! Lily would normally go to Stumpy and snuggle with her - Lily's the snuggle bug. There's certainly no jealousy between the 3 cats which is awesome. I have 3 girls, but there's no queen of the house, no alpha and no attitude whatsoever! They're all just buddies

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's great

target has this AWESOME pet bed that looks like a million bucks. i WANT IT i NEED it.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe thats so adorable, we have a tuxedo cat that jumps like that and my bella sometimes to get on your shoulder, stormie on the other hand likes to jump up on my back and sleep that way!~ lol but your kitties are soooo cute aand adorable omy goodness