Weekend invasion into YOUR life: Sat. June 27th

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

It's a gorgeous day here, but I'm stuck indoors writing my thesis.
I came up to where my advisor lives so I could ask him the million and one questions that piled up because I don't see him on a regular basis.
I get to go home at the end of next week, stay home for about a week and then come back up to work on the data. Summer is my favorite season; it's a shame to be indoors from sun up to sun down.
I'm sure I'll be happy once I graduate.

Come dinner time, work will have to wait. The plan is to escape for some pizza!
You must be in Southern CA, because up here east of SF it is hot!

Originally Posted by Catkiki

We went to Costco before it got too hot. Then we spent about an hour at the apartment's pool. Now we are just chillin' in the apartment. It is 102 right now at 5pm. It is supposed to be 108 tomorrow!!
You live closer because our car thermometer said 104 F at 3:30. It was even warm in SF - in the 80's which is unusual for summer - because there is no fog. Should be the same tomorrow.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!!

Productive day for me.

We took our walk this morning stopping to visit with a neighbor down the road. Then started to weed in the veg garden.

Paused after 90 minutes to attend another hosta plant sale and bought two which should be the last of the year. I think I only bought around a dozen or so this year as I'm running (sort of) out of space in my current garden beds.

Then came back and worked another five hours in the veg garden, planting more basil more sweet corn (third time). Spread rotting hay around some of the plants and placed my 26 tomato cages on the plants. The corn area is still in need of some weeding but waiting for the seeds to hopefully germinate. More weeding in the side paths but that I need the tiller for.

So I took a soak in the whirpool tub and am relaxing for the rest of the eveing. Might get some rain in a bit but not looking too good for any quantity. Will have to get the sprinkler out for the raspberries then tomorrow morning.

The cats have been for the most part pretty good cept Bender is a bit chatty at the moment!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well its my 20th birthday.....doesnt feel very special. I had to get up early to take care of my horses, had to go to work, then went to rinse off the horses again becuase it is 105 here. I was supposed to do something with friends tonight for my birthday but no one has answered my texts.
. Some birthday......Oh and on top of that I have cramps..... Im kinda in the dumps right now.
At least my mom is trying to make today special, I really love her

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

You must be in Southern CA, because up here east of SF it is hot!
It was actually kind of warm out (97F). I'm in Eastern California for the time being. Though it was a bit warm, I would have really liked to cool off in the river! I never get a chance to go to the river when I'm here because I'm always working. Also, I don't know anyone here so I have no one to go with.

I know hot. I spent last summer in Redding- hauling 12V batteries, PVC pipe, and digging holes in smokey (from the wildfires) 116F heat!

I don't know how I survived. I actually did get sick from the heat at some point... I thought I'd had enough water, but I got dehydrated. My advisor was angry at me for not drinking enough.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Going Nova;2664397 I know hot. I spent last summer in Redding- hauling 12V batteries said:
https://statich.thecatsite.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]
I don't know how I survived. I actually did get sick from the heat at some point... I thought I'd had enough water, but I got dehydrated. My advisor was angry at me for not drinking enough.
It's getting that hot again here this summer already. Hit 106 today. I'll never forget the smoke from last summer. It literally almost killed me because of my asthma. I vote for no fires this year!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

It's getting that hot again here this summer already. Hit 106 today. I'll never forget the smoke from last summer. It literally almost killed me because of my asthma. I vote for no fires this year!
Oh my goodness, you live there!
Every day I spent there was a hot day.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yep, I live a little to the north near Shasta Dam, and yep, from June to mid September it's HOT!!!! I grew up on the coast and every summer I whine about the heat. I HATE it!! But I love my job and my home and the mountains, just have to live with the heat....bleh!!!