Week 3: How do YOU make spaghetti?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

My extended version...............
Receive seed catalogs and order heirloom tomato seeds, peppers. Buy Onion plants.
Start tomato and pepper seeds indoors in March and on Memorial Day weekend plant veg garden. Water, weed and fertilize all summer.
In September harvest tomatoes, peppers and onions.
To make sauce: Cook tomatoes, garlic, peppers and onions with basil, oregano, marjoram, salt and pepper. Also include olive oil, red wine, parmesan cheese.
I do not measure portions-I add seasoning to taste.
For meat portion brown, ground chuck, ground veal and either ground pork sausage or italian sausage. Once you use these meats you will never use just plain ground beef again. Add to tomato mix.
This will simmer for a while!!!!!
If I was really good I would use my pressure cooker but I fill quart jars of sauce and freeze. I cook a bit thick as it gets a bit watery after freezing and thawing.
I use this in any italian based dish. I made manicotti last week I don't have a recipe either!!
The "extended version" sounds pretty darn good!
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats

Wyan, you left out the way I most often eat spaghetti (or more likely, angel hair pasta): uncooked. I love the crunchiness!
I added a couple of options for you Sue.
I'm still impressed with the wide range of interesting recipes too. The most different thing I tried to make in the past was using pre-ground soy protien from the store. It wasn't too bad and I had a recipe to try it with.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

The "extended version" sounds pretty darn good!
I added a couple of options for you Sue.
I'm still impressed with the wide range of interesting recipes too. The most different thing I tried to make in the past was using pre-ground soy protien from the store. It wasn't too bad and I had a recipe to try it with.

Ryan, that is hysterical. I am sitting here at work laughing and now there is pepsi on my monitor, thanks to you.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ryan, that is hysterical. I am sitting here at work laughing and now there is pepsi on my monitor, thanks to you.
-anything to make your day more difficult Sue.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Ryan

Actually I needed the laugh, very tired here tonight. Didn't get a lot of sleep today and I need to last another 7 1/2 hrs here! Zzzzz

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you Ryan

Actually I needed the laugh, very tired here tonight. Didn't get a lot of sleep today and I need to last another 7 1/2 hrs here! Zzzzz
You've got a whole night shift ahead of you then. Keep that Pepsi off the screen.