Wednesday's Question of the Day: What would you do...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... if you suddenly had tomorrow off? Your home is clean, shopping is done, kitties are fed and the litter box has been cleaned out, and your work has been cancelled for the day. There is no work to do, you HAVE to do something for yourself. What does your day look like?

I would probably play video games most of the day, right now Animal Crossing New Leaf. 
 The rest of the day I would spend making some throw pillows I've been wanting to sew (and never seem to have time).

mamamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, after I regained consciousness from fainting at the sight of my house THAT clean, I'd grab my kids and take them to Dollywood (a nearby theme park) for some fun!  If I had any extra time afterwards, I'd stop at a local shop near D-wood and pick up some unique stones for a new jewelry making project! 

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Should I take this as if DH has the day off or I get the day off from being Mommy?  If it's DH is off; we'll have a fun day with the kids.  Lil man hasn't seen the ocean up close and personal yet so we'll hit the beach!  Or just stay home, visit the park and get out the sprinkler and kiddie pools.  BBQ and bubbles.  Just enjoy our kids.

If it's just me...  I think I would read, get a pedicure and/or a haircut and just window shop.  I don't think i've had a real mommy-day-off in quite a while.  It's nice to be alone with your thoughts for a while. 
Well, after I regained consciousness from fainting at the sight of my house THAT clean, I'd grab my kids and take them to Dollywood (a nearby theme park) for some fun!  If I had any extra time afterwards, I'd stop at a local shop near D-wood and pick up some unique stones for a new jewelry making project! 
  I know what you mean!  I would hit the floor!  And I love that area BTW; DH and I honeymooned and spent another vacation there. We didn't do Dollywood though.  I did enjoy the shops!  

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd get out on my electric scooter & pack a lunch... stop someplace scenic on the bike trail (my scooter only goes up to 15 mph) & take in the great outdoors... but if its under 80º then would take my manual bike... and my son rides with me- something we both enjoy doing together!

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would go the Half-Price Books and spend some time there and just soak in all the bookness of that place into my soul.  Going to HPB is nearly a religious experience for me.  And then I would take one of the books (treasures) I'd found at HPB and take it home to the little pond out behind my apartment and sit in the sun on one of the wooden benches and read my book in the sun.  In this hypotethical day it is nice out with a bit of a breeze (not the blast furnace it is in reality in Oklahoma City today).  :)  And after I read a while I'd take some photos of the birds and ducks and geese who live and/or visit the pond.  Then I would go upstairs and play with Gabe, Poe and Ayla.  :)

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had nothing to do and the whole day to do it,I would love to go to a spa and then book a trip to Chicago to see my family.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If it was raining (and, if I'm literal about the question, it is meant to be wet tomorrow), I'd stay home and do a big jigsaw... I only ever do them on holidays.  I have a brand new one which is extremely difficult and features (amazingly) cats.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Video games, nap, listen to music, read and do origami

oooh and make dog treats because they like them more than people like my cookies lol

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Probably find a nice spot and read or grab my camera and go out exploring.

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy.. I don't know all I do is some sort of work- other than being online here..

Go for a hike and go swimming in the river maybe. Work on my Models perhaps, but only if the weather was crummy!

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, first, I'd sleep in -- get up whenever it felt natural (my definition of "sleeping in" as it can vary anywhere from 9am to 1pm, and 9am is NOT sleeping in if I have to use an alarm).  I'd probably play some video games and check out these forums, e-mail, etc.  I'd like to say I'd work on my novel.  I'd like to say I'd sip tea on my balcony.  To be honest, though, I have no idea what I'd actually do.  I might make cookies or just continue playing video games.  I might read a book or watch TV episodes via Netflix.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Get up early - just because I don't have to and I love mornings where I can just 'chill', play with Mouse as he's always most playful in the morning, then go out for a swim or a bit of 'retail therapy'. Maybe see if anyone else has the same lovely day off as me and meet for a coffee :)  Then I'd head home for more Mouse time and a bit of The cat Site (of course).   There again, I might just spend the entire day reading a book  - with Mouse chewing the corners of the pages..... 

Where do you guys that would knit and do jigsaws put your feline friends when you do these things?    A friend of mine tried knitting last year when she was here and it took Mouse about 2 seconds to pounce, and a jigsaw would get really messy!