Wednesday's Question of the Day, May 25

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning TCS!

Imagine that the Earth is on the verge of destruction, and you are one of the few people lucky (or unlucky) enough to be put in a space capsule to escape. Your meal in space for the next 20 years will be nothing but space MREs. The day before the capsule launch, you decide to go out and have the last Earth meal of your life.

[COLOR=#green]What will your last meal look like?[/COLOR]

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a creative question!

I'd have vegetable enchiladas, refried black beans, a jicama salad...and about three pitchers of margaritas.  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a really hard question to answer...

It would have to be a huge meal for me: steak, chocolate, salad, baked potato with sour cream, ice cream, and of course my ethic Polish food: kielbasa, babka, pierogi, cheesecake, some of my family's beet soup, and of course cheese!! 

Oh Yeah, thanks Betsygee, add a bottle or 2 or wine.

add in: homemade tomato soup, and some pasta with sauce

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A prime quality New York Steak cooked between medium rare and medium.  A baked potato with sour cream and butter.  A tossed salad with blue cheese dressing and crusty warm dinner rolls.  A bottle of wine and black walnut ice cream for dessert.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Such a difficult question!  So many options!

In general we don't eat a whole lot of red meat but a medium rare burger on a seeded bun would be perfect.  Lots of American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles.  A side of freshly cut fries on the side  and a regular Coca-Cola (not Pepsi!).  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oooohhhh, good ideas.  I'm adding to my dinner, too--cheese and coconut ice cream!  

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy!

Chicken fingers and fries with mayo. Then cheesecake and gelato for dessert. Throw in some champagne. 

There are many other choices that I would love, and more creative or high end ones, but figured best not to overthink and just take time to relax and actually enjoy the meal 
 because I can definitely be prone to overthinking.

Moreso, I would make sure my equines, my doggy and my kitties all have fabulously delicious meals - tons of apples, carrots and sweets for the horse and donkey (Maybe some beer too for the horse. He likes beer. Why not?) sirloin steak and liver for the dog, and smoked salmon and chicken for the cats. I don't care what people say, my fur misfits are coming with me on that capsule and thus deserve a last fancy meal too 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is hard...there are so many I love...OK...an egg roll, a small steak, a huge chef's salad, a slice of cheesecake with a side of dulce de leche ice cream, and a bottle of blackberry merlot.  I think that covers my bases...OH OH...and a tiny slice of lasagna.

I'm with you, @Handsome Kitty, the cookies can be smuggled and rationed!  Chocolate chip, for me.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I might need to add a vanilla malted (not shake!) to my dinner.  May as well have desert while I'm at it!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A prime quality New York Steak cooked between medium rare and medium.  A baked potato with sour cream and butter.  A tossed salad with blue cheese dressing and crusty warm dinner rolls.  A bottle of wine and black walnut ice cream for dessert.
pretty much 
......except i'd increase the size of the tossed salad (wouldn't be having fresh vegetables up in space), no wine (i don't drink alcohol), and i'd have gelato instead of ice cream.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like what Denice is having except medium, no wine but fresh squeezed cold orange juice and for dessert, I've forgotten what it's called, meringue, cream and berries. And probably another glass of orange juice.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza with pepperoni, sausage, lots of mushrooms and peppers, and double cheese. And a good steak, done rare. A large chocolate marshmallow ice cream cone. All washed down down with a double margarita.

How's that for a combination?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Pizza with pepperoni, sausage, lots of mushrooms and peppers, and double cheese. And a good steak, done rare. A large chocolate marshmallow ice cream cone. All washed down down with a double margarita.

How's that for a combination?
That is unusual but it's a last meal.  I normally don't have dessert with a heavy steak meal but it's a last meal.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
A slice of pizza with alfredo sauce and chicken. A cup of mom's chicken soup. Part of one of mom's burgers on garlic bread. A cup of macaroni and cheese with bacon and corn from Kuma's. Several cups of coffee. A few cans of Coke. And several various craft beers.

Yes, that will all be my last meal. Is there a time limit?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just one moment @FhiCat  Before I go gallivanting off into space I have a few questions.

First, will I be able to take my cats?

Second, will there be alcohol in space?

Because if not I'd rather stay on Earth and take my chances. Total destruction, how bad can it be anyway?

If I do decide to go on the space ship the Brit in me wants to have chips as my last meal. Proper chips from a chip shop. Eaten out of a paper bag with loads of salt and vinegar, preferably while sitting outside on a bench over looking an grey and windy section of the English Channel. With a bottle of Diamond White cider to wash it down.

(sob, so homesick now)

Actually, a curry might be a good last meal. An Indian Tali. Poppadoms and Kingfisher beer. Mini samosa with tomato chutney. Saffron rice, vegetable korma, palak paneer, garlic nan, mango lassi and a glass of chai.