Wednesday's Question of the Day June 27

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, well I was paid for babysitting for different families from the age of 11 on. At 13 I had a paper route but my first job as an adult was at McDonalds. I actually REALLY enjoyed it as a lot of my friends worked there and it was a great starting job.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
13 when I started babysitting.. then 16 when I got my permit to work at Frank's Nursery and Crafts, my first real 'paycheck' job

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same with me --- babysitting at the age of 13.    When I was in my senior year at HS Montgomery Wards had a part time program for seniors to work at their office with the hope that they'd stay after graduation.  I worked there but didn't continue after graduation.   Worked for a film distribution co as a secretary, then advertising agency in NY.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from babysitting and paper routes, I got a job just before I turned 15 at a cafe as a dishwasher. I stayed there until I was 18 and moved away. 

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also started by babysitting when I was 12. But my first paycheque job was waiting tables when I was 18. I stayed there for 4 years ( they are closes now) and started waiting tables at my new job a year ago.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was another baby-sitter, started when I was 11 or 12? Next was McDonald's when I was 16- I loved that job too, Kailie!

blueorchid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first job was as a Legal Assistant. I left the job because it was difficult to balance my college classes and work.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first job was as a receptionist at our church. I started when I was 14 and worked after school all through high school and first year of college. I was "under the table" though. My first real paycheck job was as hostess at Denny's.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was the front desk receptionist at our hometown bank!! I was 16 and I just loved that job. Greeting people and answering phones. :clap: Banks don't have that anymore, a front desk "hostess" or greeter. :lol3:

Last edited: