Wednesday's Question of the Day: hand washing?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use sanitizers much, because I do wash my hands a lot!  I too wash my hands first thing when I come home. I don't even pick Angel up until I have. 

Yes, many times. All the times I go to the bathroom (small bladder), before cooking, before fixing Angel's food, after cleaning, etc...  I use Clorox wipes at work. 

I am generally the only one who uses my desk & phone, but sometimes others will, so I make sure to keep the areas clean. I don't have insurance, & can't afford to get sick!

People who are, should stay home!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The answer is yes of course. Every time I go to the bathroom or clean out the litter box It's a must I'm the only one who does it.

dejolane

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
due to the fact that my hands get dirty very frequently during the day ( i deal with coatings - paints, urethane's, epoxies, etc.) and my feral colony is located behind my work i wash my hands at least thirty times a day, not counting two showers. combine that with the fact that i suffer from raynaud's syndrome and my poor hands have more cracks and cuts than i have bones in my body.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never counted but it's way, way more than 5 times a day. I'm probably at least twice that; if not more. But I have a horse as well as cats and dogs. And I like to cook so I wash a lot.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
due to the fact that my hands get dirty very frequently during the day ( i deal with coatings - paints, urethane's, epoxies, etc.) and my feral colony is located behind my work i wash my hands at least thirty times a day, not counting two showers. combine that with the fact that i suffer from raynaud's syndrome and my poor hands have more cracks and cuts than i have bones in my body.
I'm off topic here, but if you have any tips for how to deal with raynaud's could you pm me? I feel like my fingers and toes are going to fall off!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really a fanatic about hand-washing. After the bathroom, after cleaning out the litter boxes. Before I start to prepare dinner. And that's pretty much it.

If I washed my hands after touching animals (i.e. the cats), I've never have time for anything else.

And I have to agree with Auroraei, sometimes all the hoopla about hand-washing, antibiotic this, and antibiotic that, curdles my corpuscles. I don't worry about it.
Pretty much the same here.