Wednesday's Question of the Day: baths

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm another one who hasn't taken a bath in years. Showers only - and we both shower twice a day -- morning and evening. Our bedroom just has a shower but the guest bath has a tub and shower. The only time the tub has been used is when we have company, but I think they've only used the shower. Oh when my neice Leila stayed with us I gave her a bath, and almost forgot how to turn the tub on!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to take baths when I lived in an apartment that only had an old fashioned claw foot tub and no shower.

When I moved to an apartment that had a newer tub and shower I started taking showers because the tubs are so darn uncomfortable.

Now I would love to be able to get into a tub occasionally in order to soak away some of the aches in my back and my legs, but I'm not able to get into the tub.   Or rather, I can get in, but I wouldn't be able to get back out, and I don't fancy being stuck in the tub, or having to call medical rescue to help me get out.  So I use a shower chair to shower.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever see the shower chairs they have that go from sitting position to legs outstretched/normal soaking position? so cool. I had a client(home health aide) who had used one in her house. Also the other thing they have that is the entire tub where you just close the door and it has high sides and a seat molded into it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever see the shower chairs they have that go from sitting position to legs outstretched/normal soaking position? so cool. I had a client(home health aide) who had used one in her house. Also the other thing they have that is the entire tub where you just close the door and it has high sides and a seat molded into it.
I live in an apartment and those items would require installation.  The leasing agency wouldn't pay for such items, and if I were to buy them myself, they still wouldn't pay to have them installed.  And then there is the fact that when I moved, I wouldn't be able to take the equipment with me.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have the patience for baths ...I just get bored and want to get out of there because nothing fun is happening :)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I take a shower every morning (to get clean, and to wash my hair), and a bath before bed (to help me get to sleep. I often have insomnia). It also helps my sciatica problems.  I love bath salts and bubble baths! Lavender is my fave scent.

When I was little, Mom let me use Mr. Bubble. Anyone remember it?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love baths; they're such a great way to unwind from the stress of the day! I am especially fond of LUSH bath products (Bubble bars, bath bombs, etc) as well as Champney's Bubble Bath and Dr. Teal's bath salts! :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I adore baths... epsom salts and essential oils and the hotter the better.. Trouble is I don't have one.

So I went to my local hardware store and bought a huge black plastic tub.  I can't stretch out, of course, but it's really deep.  I fill it up from the laundry tap, and after I've used it I bucket it onto the garden (which loves the epsom salts, and the essential oils keeps the bugs away!!)

In summer I put it out on the patio.. same thing.. epsom salts etc.. and hang out in it with a good book on our really hot days.

My friends (and my cats, when I'm in it!) think I'm a little crazy, but I just think that necessity is the mother of invention

Last edited: