wedding to cover up pregnacy?!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 4 months pg when my hubby and I got married

It was NOT the reason for us getting married as I already had 2 kids by my first marriage.

As for your Brother and his wife, I would try and talk to them about giving up the pot and drinking while she is pg.There are so many facts these days that PROVE that can and does harm fetus's......low birth weight,birth defects to name a couple.
As to the face that she MAY have been pg before the wedding, maybe she didn't tell anyone for fear that they WOULD assume they only got married because of the baby.

Regardless, LOVE the baby!!

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You raise a legitimate and important point about her drinking and smoking pot while pregnant--and you are absolutely right that that is the most important thing. But what matters about that is that she stop doing it. I think it would be better to expend your energy letting her know that it's important that she take care of her body now that she's pregnant--not trying to establish when the baby was conceived.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Shengmei, having two parents isn't necessarily more responsible than having one, and being pregnant isn't really a valid reason to marry. If the two people know there is no way that they would have married otherwise, it's just a recipe for being miserable.
Very true. I know a couple who just split up and have hated each other for a while...and the only reason they married was because she was pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilboardingurl6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mamacat

You raise a legitimate and important point about her drinking and smoking pot while pregnant--and you are absolutely right that that is the most important thing. But what matters about that is that she stop doing it. I think it would be better to expend your energy letting her know that it's important that she take care of her body now that she's pregnant--not trying to establish when the baby was conceived.
yes, they are going to come back from Georgia in Sept. and they are most likely going to come to visit us here and stay night or two, and were going to see if they are going to do the same thing, drink, smoke pot, or even smoke cigarettes.