Wedding Pix And Stuff

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we're back from our short honeymoon in NYC. I mentioned previously that we were using this short trip as a "test" run for our cat sitters. My now husband has 2 very close friends (they are a couple) that stayed in our home to watch the kitties. Very pleased to report that went better than anticipated. Both of the girls bonded wonderfully with our cats and had zero problems to report. Casper didn't even throw up, lucky them. So this makes us feel confident that we can ask them for a longer stint next time around. Both are in their early 20's and still live at home so they really liked getting out from the house for a few nights to spend alone.

Ok so wedding stuff. Day started off with pouring rain. I mean, torrential. We thought for sure our plan to marry in our backyard was kaput, but luckily the sun came out about an hour before and while steamy, it turned out to be good weather for a ceremony. Our next door neighbors stopped over to join in and watch too. The photographer and officiant we hired both did a good job, flowers arrived on time, cake was where it needed to be and lunch was exceptionally good. It really was a lovely, calm day that went off without a hitch.

Except, I was building up a headache the entire day which did stink. By the time we were getting ready to head into the city I figured I'd better take real meds to knock it out or I would most likely, be a poor companion by the time we arrived at the hotel. Fell asleep in the limo heading into NYC which gave me just enough time to have the meds kick in and by the time we got there I felt nearly 100% better.

Which was great because let me tell you, the hotel we stayed in was by far the best either of us had been in. Huge luxury suite, wrap around terrace over looking Park Avenue on the upper East side of Manhattan. We opted to stay in and relax that night, ordered up dinner, watched the sunset from both east and west views and just hung out, coming down for the busy day behind us.

Sunday, after a lazy morning, we had plans to see A Doll's House, Part 2 with Laurie Metcalf (from Roseanne fame) and Chris Cooper. This was a very thought provoking play, with serious subject matter but with just the right amount of humor to it. It made us realize and remember how much we love live theater so we intend to make a point to do this more often.

We had fantastic early dinner at Cafe Boulud (one of chef Daniel Boulud's venues). We sat outside, on the sidewalk, watching the world go by and eating truly memorable food. It was a tasting menu with more food than 2 people should ever eat in one sitting including 3 desserts. Good thing we didn't have plans for later on because all we could think about was heading back to the hotel to rest it off LOL.

Got home this afternoon. Spent the day doing not much again. It's been a very relaxing few days which we both needed. Anyway, here's some pix because some asked to see them. The professional photos will arrive some time next week and I'm hoping some of our family/friends will pass along some of theirs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I screwed up attaching pix. Here we go again! Room photos

Suite - Living room
room 1.jpg

Suite bedroom

room 2.jpg

Suite - Terrace East
room 3.jpg

Terrace east

room 5.jpg

Terrace West
room 4.jpg

Bathroom - there is a TV in the mirror!!!

room 6.jpg

Kitchen (not very usable though, nothing provided)

room 7.jpg

Facing East - the tallest building is The Bloomberg Building

room 8.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meal!

Street view. Cafe Buolud is attached to The Surrey Hotel

CAFE 1.jpg

One of 3 first courses - fancy fruit salad with French ham and cheese
CAFE 2.jpg

Main dish, lamb with ratatouille, stuffed artichokes and potatoes cooked in duck fat.

CAFE 3.jpg

This was the 2nd of the first courses, grilled sardines

CAFE 4.jpg

Main Dessert - SO good
CAFE 5.jpg

Fresh Madeleines. Also came with a couple of home made chocolates
CAFE 6.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last - us. This is the only selfie I have ever posted, let alone taken.
I have some more that I took and will post those once I have some more time.

us.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh nice! :clap::clap::clap: That all looks fabulous! We definitely need more wedding pics though.

Congratulations to you both! :dance:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will post more pix when I have them lol.
I had a few others but they weren't very interesting. None of our family or friends have forwarded me photos they took yet. Lazy!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon! :itslove: We were on vacation in NYC the weekend of June 17, the skies opened up while we were at the Botanic Gardens and it poured, not sure if that was the same weekend of your wedding. All the best to the two of you.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! It is really great to see all this pictures.. please keep them coming!! Cannot wait to see the professional photos!!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon! :itslove: We were on vacation in NYC the weekend of June 17, the skies opened up while we were at the Botanic Gardens and it poured, not sure if that was the same weekend of your wedding. All the best to the two of you.
Thanks!
No we were there this past weekend, the 24th. However that morning it was raining buckets and we were concerned our outdoor ceremony would be kaput. Luckily, it stopped about an hour before we were saying our vows. It was hot, sunny and steamy after that. Glad the whole thing was only about 10 minutes because I was about to melt by then LOL

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! And yes, we'd like to see more pictures of the wedding. Hope this wedding is the beginning of a very long and happy marriage.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Many congratulations to you! The pictures are just wonderful.....you all did such a great job with everything! That meal looked divine and I bet it tasted every bit as good as it looked. I am so glad that you shared your day with us.

And it is just lovely to "meet" you! :hugs: