Wedding Gift Ideas

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

At my family wedding shower, one of Rick's aunts gave us a laundry basket. And in that basket, she had all kinds of neat kitchen gadgets and little utensils. I thought then and I still do that it was one of the neatest gifts I got. Wooden spoons, a vegetable peeler, a cheese slicer, corn holders, a can opener, some glass custard cups, measuring spoons, measuring cups, some spices, some paring knives, round metal cake pans, some glass pie pans, a cake tester, an oven thermometer, copies of some of her favorite recipes, just all kinds of really neat things for somebody getting started in a kitchen. That laundry basket was 3/4 full of stuff and it was all things that I would use once I started cooking. I don't know how well that would go over with some of today's new brides, but honestly, I thought it was great.
My Aunt did the same for me!  I loved it and I'm still using most of those things too!  She included a handwritten cookbook of many of family, her favorite and her signature desserts!  For a while she had a side business making cookie trays.  She's awesome.

I'm finding with weddings lately; the brides are older and don't need so much for setting up house.  One wedding invitation I got came with a little poem explaining they didn't need those things but cash was ok.  Cute little poem, nice people; but I'm way too old fashion I guess to EVER think of asking for cash as a gift like that.  I did throw a baby shower where we let people know the  mom was going to have to ship any gifts to her new home overseas and buy all her baby furniture there; so gift cards would be very much appreciated.  She ended up giving away packages of diapers and things because it's just expensive to ship like that.  In her case; we were having a shower when she was only 4 1/2 months along because of that move coming up (military) so it was just nontraditional anyway; but at least a bit more understandable.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, what a great idea and perfect timing.  I wanted to come up with a memento for my stepson's wedding in September--this is perfect.  

I don't do too many craft projects but I think I could manage this one.  I'll post pics (if it works out).  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It will work out! :lol3: It's really quite easy. The hardest time I have had is finding an appropriate "charm" for each of them. :nod: