Wedding dress

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my wedding dress ordered, it will be here on Nov. 20th.
Only 7 days to get any alterations done if needed.
Though this dress is being custom made to my measurements, so hopefully it shouldn't need altering

One of my neighbors made my headpiece and veil.
since my gown will be silver, I wanted a veil that will match, apparently, veils only come in white, ivory, black, or red.

I went with a very simple, halter style, very little embellishment, very little train.
So my veil is metallic silver tulle, single layer, no blusher, 36 inches long on a silver ribbon wrapped wire headpiece.
There are pictures of it and matching hair combs for my matron of honor on my Facebook profile.

Wish it was so easy, and cheap to find Jake's suit

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds really pretty!
I'm all for simple, I think it is much classier.
My wedding dress was very simple also.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds beautiful, I bought a simple one and the ended up changing my mind 4 days before we got married
My mum wasn't very happy as she had to ring up every wedding dress shop in our area
My train was really long. x

frankthetank

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds so pretty!!
I want DH and I to renew our vows at some point so we can have some pictures taken, and I was thinking of a silver dress! I don;t know if I wanna wear white for a renewal but since I have zero wedding pictures, I might end up wearing white, i'll figure it out closer to when we actually do it.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went with a simple dress also, though I regret now not just coughing up $500 for the one I liked from the store. The dress I bought was $75 (great since we were paying for our own wedding, and kept it simple anyway), but the previous wear-er was an XL, and I was XS... my MIL had a friend alter it for us, but she never did a final fitting, and just gave it back a couple days before the wedding. It was still too loose up top, so my strapless bra kept falling to my stomach on our wedding day
If it had fit a little tighter it would have been perfect. I also regret going with the "photographer" my MIL insisted on (just someone she knew, not a professional), because they were digital camera (not DSLR) and 35mm pictures and most have glare and all that on them
Guess one day we will renew our vows one day and do it a bit different
. We just remind ourselves that the big thing that mattered was marrying each other, nothing else

Hopefully bad juju didn't come with the dress, because the girl who wore it before me left her husband this year after 10 yrs of marriage

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your dress sounds lovely!!!
I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Hopefully bad juju didn't come with the dress, because the girl who wore it before me left her husband this year after 10 yrs of marriage
Aww Tara, you look beautiful in your dress!

I wouldn't worry about the previous girl eithor; fabric doesn't define or predict a marriage...the way you treat each other is what's important

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

That sounds really pretty!
I'm all for simple, I think it is much classier.
My wedding dress was very simple also.
I agree. Love that you're doing it in silver too.
Yeah, tuxedos sure aren't cheap. Hope you find a good suit for Jake.

Tara, you look lovely! I love your bouquet too.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That dress is lovely. Very elegant. I saw the veil on FB too, love it!