Website can find where you live based on cat photos you upload!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came across this on my Facebook feed.  There is a website called "I know where your cat lives", that can find your house based on pictures of your cats that you have uploaded.

http://iknowwhereyourcatlives.com/about/

To see if you're on the map, click "return to map" and you can zoom and move the map to your area.

It's a Google Earth style map, so it's very detailed!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't look like they have my apartment or my parents' home... which makes me feel a bit better.
I've got quite a few pictures online, including the sites they listed specifically like Instagram and Flickr.

Last edited:

catinmyhat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kind of neat, though more of creepy for me. Think it would be better off if people voluntarily sent in the pictures and location. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kind of neat, though more of creepy for me. Think it would be better off if people voluntarily sent in the pictures and location. 
I believe the original intent of the article was to show how even uploading simple pictures of your pets can lead to someone being able to find you, right down to your house location.  It is creepy.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Depends if your gps is on or if your camera has gps. It might be getting your ip adfress off your computer which will show the general area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came across this on my Facebook feed.  There is a website called "I know where your cat lives", that can find your house based on pictures of your cats that you have uploaded.

http://iknowwhereyourcatlives.com/about/

To see if you're on the map, click "return to map" and you can zoom and move the map to your area.

It's a Google Earth style map, so it's very detailed!

I figured this out. No cats shown anywhere close to where I live. I think you would have to be posting pictures from a phone with GPS enabled.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It shows some cats from our general area, but Mogli isn't one of them. I don't post pictures from my phone, either, and always have GPs turned off.