We took in a cat for a friend who ended up having kittens but we dont want her to get them, do we ha

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please hold on to those kittens, I know I have no say in this, but some thing just doesn't add up and feel right about this. We are all concerned "friends" on this website, and speaking for myself, I do not trust those people and have little faith in that so called "contract" I may be missing something important here, if I am, I apologize, but just do not feel those people are on the up and up. There, I spoke my piece, I pray I am wrong, I just had to put this out there. Thanks for listening.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Please hold on to those kittens, I know I have no say in this, but some thing just doesn't add up and feel right about this. We are all concerned "friends" on this website, and speaking for myself, I do not trust those people and have little faith in that so called "contract" I may be missing something important here, if I am, I apologize, but just do not feel those people are on the up and up. There, I spoke my piece, I pray I am wrong, I just had to put this out there. Thanks for listening.
I wouldn't want them to have a kitten either. Letting it rest and see what comes next from them is a good strategy.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Kittens Mom
Thank the OP who fought for those babies and their mother.

The original cat owner is a perfect example of one of the biggest root causes for animal overpopulation. The pet owners least likely to take care of their companion pets are the ones contributing to the overpopulation of them. The are the ones filling up shelters , dumping injured pets that are suffering because of the owners neglect. Fleas, worms, hit on the road, picked up for running loose. Refusal to S/N. They eat up resources at rescues and shelters. I am not talking about someone who has a pet that gets sick and needs assistance. But the ones that are the reason the animal is sick in the first place. From neglect. Do you know why so many shelter workers look like prison inmates doing hard time. They're crazy inside from dealing with mans supposed love of dog and cat while filling up garbage bags of the unwanted they have to take to their death.

For this woman who took in the abused cat and subsequent kittens and making sure the do not have the opportunity to breed and make 100s more she has rescued a 1000 cats by taking a stand.

shuffling off with soapbox.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Couldn't agree more!  I don't trust that girl who has changed her mind so much.  She didn't even want those kittens because she had no objections to getting her cat spayed while she was pregnant.  Now all of a sudden she wants one and has promised one to her husband's grandmother?  Hmmmm, something's amiss here.  I hope she does change her mind once again and say she doesn't want the kittens.  I for one would NOT be willing to give even one  to her.  

But anyway, good job @Anafeicht  for rescuing the mama cat, taking care of her babies, and getting her spayed!!  You've done a great job so far!  But I fear for those 2 kittens, honestly.  Maybe you could stretch out the nursing time for the kittens from 6 to 10 weeks?  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anafeicht

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Couldn't agree more!  I don't trust that girl who has changed her mind so much.  She didn't even want those kittens because she had no objections to getting her cat spayed while she was pregnant.  Now all of a sudden she wants one and has promised one to her husband's grandmother?  Hmmmm, something's amiss here.  I hope she does change her mind once again and say she doesn't want the kittens.  I for one would NOT be willing to give even one to her.  

But anyway, good job @Anafeicht
 for rescuing the mama cat, taking care of her babies, and getting her spayed!!  You've done a great job so far!  But I fear for those 2 kittens, honestly.  Maybe you could stretch out the nursing time for the kittens from 6 to 10 weeks?  
I'm actually going to be keeping them until they're all fixed so it'll be around 4-5 months still.
And it does seem a little off so we will just see how it plays out, either way I'm going to be talking to the grandmother as well and if something feels off I won't let her have one.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm actually going to be keeping them until they're all fixed so it'll be around 4-5 months still.
And it does seem a little off so we will just see how it plays out, either way I'm going to be talking to the grandmother as well and if something feels off I won't let her have one.
Good to hear!  I'm wondering, or hoping, that by 4 to 5 months they are no longer in that cute kitten stage, maybe she'll change her mind.  I'd report that uncle of hers.  Because if she gets one from you or not, she may still find a way to get a kitten.  

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to read you are keeping the family together 4-5 months anyway. That will give those kittens a better start with their mother, and like Ginny said, the kittens will be older, no longer in the "baby stage" of kitten hood, and by then let us hope the grandmother will have lost interest. After all, there is no long, deep emotional bond developed here with the grandmother. Good news, indeed!

anafeicht

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to read you are keeping the family together 4-5 months anyway. That will give those kittens a better start with their mother, and like Ginny said, the kittens will be older, no longer in the "baby stage" of kitten hood, and by then let us hope the grandmother will have lost interest. After all, there is no long, deep emotional bond developed here with the grandmother. Good news, indeed!
I'll be hoping for that as well! I'm okay with her having one as long as everything with her checks out for the sake of keeping the peace but id still be happy if she decided she didnt want one anymore.

kittywooo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ginny, Mazie and KittensMom make such good points. I must admit that my heart sank when I heard that the husbands grandmother might get one. It sounds very very fishy. OO has proved to be a liar and it's very possible it's not for granny but for her. Or for afriend who is buying it from her.
Annafreicht the OP sounds such a good person bless her she may project her own decency and trustworthiness onto others and not see the dangers of handing a kitten over to this girl.
It cheers me though to hear her say she will keep kittens for at least 4 to 5 months as in that time the OO could quite easily move on and lose interest esp as they won't be cutie lil tiny babies anymore.
OP you could for sake of the kitties tell a little white lie if the girl still wants a kitten for her erm 'husbands grandmother' at that time and tell her either that they all died or that they'be already been re-homed and whoops you forgot to tell her. If she's had several feline deaths under her care she prob won't find the first excuse odds. I know honesty is supposed to be best but you may have to lie your ass off to protect these little ones. For their sake and for yours.
And I agree with reporting that jailbird abusive uncle incase she sources another cat and he abuses that one too. She is sick to keep cats in the same house as him given his history. Don't know how you would prove it but at least it would be on record as a concern. Maybe contact local cat shelters and homes incase she tried to get a kitty from there?

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginny, Mazie and KittensMom make such good points. I must admit that my heart sank when I heard that the husbands grandmother might get one. It sounds very very fishy. OO has proved to be a liar and it's very possible it's not for granny but for her. Or for afriend who is buying it from her.
Annafreicht the OP sounds such a good person bless her she may project her own decency and trustworthiness onto others and not see the dangers of handing a kitten over to this girl.
It cheers me though to hear her say she will keep kittens for at least 4 to 5 months as in that time the OO could quite easily move on and lose interest esp as they won't be cutie lil tiny babies anymore.
OP you could for sake of the kitties tell a little white lie if the girl still wants a kitten for her erm 'husbands grandmother' at that time and tell her either that they all died or that they'be already been re-homed and whoops you forgot to tell her. If she's had several feline deaths under her care she prob won't find the first excuse odds. I know honesty is supposed to be best but you may have to lie your ass off to protect these little ones. For their sake and for yours.
And I agree with reporting that jailbird abusive uncle incase she sources another cat and he abuses that one too. She is sick to keep cats in the same house as him given his history. Don't know how you would prove it but at least it would be on record as a concern. Maybe contact local cat shelters and homes incase she tried to get a kitty from there?
I got a good belly laugh over your comment "...if she's had several feline deaths...she prob won't find the first excuse odd..."  Good point.  

Like you, I'm thinking the "husband's grandmother" is just the OO.  Since she's had several feline deaths, she should be reported too.  I believe the OP is smart in just lying low at this point.  I do hope everything turns out well for these kitties.  I think they are in great hands right now.  

Very good point about calling shelters and warning them about the OO.

anafeicht

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a good belly laugh over your comment "...if she's had several feline deaths...she prob won't find the first excuse odd..."  Good point.  

Like you, I'm thinking the "husband's grandmother" is just the OO.  Since she's had several feline deaths, she should be reported too.  I believe the OP is smart in just lying low at this point.  I do hope everything turns out well for these kitties.  I think they are in great hands right now.  

Very good point about calling shelters and warning them about the OO.
I did too, its a good idea to do if she seems iffy about it when the time comes. And I'm gonna be talking to the grandmother in person and going to her house first so I know exactly where the kitten might be going. If I think something is up though I have no problem with lying to her after how much shes lied.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not trust her at all....I do not think there is any grandmother at all...I think it is her...

gonger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully she'll forget about the kittens. It seems like she is genuinely incapable of caring for or providing a safe home for cats. Did she accept money for mumma cat and the two kittens you get?