We thought she was a torte point as kitten?

scarletvavoom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi fellow cat lovers! :)

I picked out my cat last year from a shetfer. The littermates were one reg Tortieshell and two black ones. She was the odd girl out. Her Mom must of had calico in her genes. At first we thought she was going to look like tortie point with cream/white on her body. But no, she is something else. lol  She started getting darker and grew patterns on her legs and got a brow bar!  Her body is now has white/greyish "smeard"spots I call them. Her fur is soft and fine and silky and long. She has orange on some of her paws and on her face. Her Black areas keep getting darker and darker. One side of her body is darker then the other side, like its tipped more heavy on black like the R side of her face, her R leg and her R hind leg as compared to other half. Yes she is a mix but I have never seen her coat color before. She has icy blue eyes and is about year old now. I had a friend over last week who commented that she was "ugly looking". Knowing she was not a cat person I just smiled. I love her to death. :) Mostly wondering what a person would call her. "Smeared tortie point"? lol Here are some pics. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is a tortie point, as you though.  The darkest on her ears is black, or possibly some other very dark color, meaning she does carry the black gene.  And this gives, she tends to darken up on the rest of the body too, at least somewhat. Her being a "smeared" tortie gives she isnt darkening evenly, but in patches...   And what would be barely visible changes, become quite visible changes.

Also, she seems to be mediumharired.  So it adds its difficult to see the exact splotches, the fields becomes extra unclear.

A real beauty, if you have learned to appreciate torties.

newdestinycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tortie point is one of my favorite colors... What I like so much about them is there are never two alike... Your baby is a Tortie Point hands down...