We now have 5, soon to be 6!!!!

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We brought home Sufi and she is doing great!!! She is such a sweet little girl! She is getting along well with all the others and seems to like all her brothers and sister.
Also, as you all know we lost Vinnie to distemper in June, well the breeder we adopted Vinnie from had a kitten that looked just like him.....I knew she wanted him for showing and at some point to breed. His name is Ben. He has the same mother and father as my Sweet Vinnie. We have are going to be getting him too!
I am helping the breeder show him, along with me showing Tai and Sufi. I will bring Ben home early next year.

Here is Sufi

And here is Ben

Mary, the breeder made this, using Vinnie and Ben's pictures.....It brought tears to my eyes seeing this. I miss Vinnie so much, but he will always live in my heart and will never be forgotten. It is almost hard to tell the two apart, but Vinnie's black patch came down closer on his right eye.......isn't is amazing how much they look alike.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Vinnie and Ben do look remarkably alike! How sweet that she offered him to you, knowing how much it'd mean to you
. A piece of Vinnie will always live on in Ben.

And Sufi is just beautiful!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are adorable! I want to pet a Sphynx so bad! I have only seen pics, I have never actually seen one. My daughter says they feel like a warm peach. She wants one, too. I know nothing about the breed, but have a couple questions if you do not mind. I know each one is unique and special, but how is their temperament in general? Are they mellow, lively sociable? Do you think one would be good in a cat loving household with a baby to grow up with? (closely supervised, of course) Inquiring minds want to know!

dazeemazeegraze

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sufi is adorable! How sweet of your breeder to make the Vinnie/Ben collague. Thank you for sharing it here.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS on your baby!
You can sure tell that they look related! I`m glad you are going to get him....surely his presence will help to ease the empty spot in your heart.....and Vinnie would be glad to see you happy again.
Linda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

They are adorable! I want to pet a Sphynx so bad! I have only seen pics, I have never actually seen one. My daughter says they feel like a warm peach. She wants one, too. I know nothing about the breed, but have a couple questions if you do not mind. I know each one is unique and special, but how is their temperament in general? Are they mellow, lively sociable? Do you think one would be good in a cat loving household with a baby to grow up with? (closely supervised, of course) Inquiring minds want to know!
They are very loving and like a lot of warm human contact.
They are the type of cat that loves visitors, like to take car rides and they are very social. They usally do not make a good "only cat" becuase they thrive on lots of contact.
They really do feel like a warm peach, they are so soft.
Maybe you can check the TICA or CFA website and see when there is a Cat Show in your area. Normally there are Sphynx at these shows and the owners will normally allow you to pet their cats. If you were close by you could come over and visit my gang!!!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never seen one of these cats. I am sure they are sweet as they can be.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your new family member!! They are indeed wonderful kitties!

I have been fostering two Sphynx who are likely to become permanent members of my family (It is part of her living will and she is not doing well) and they are very much like my Siamese. Extremely sicial and outgoing, if they were humans, I would term them gregarious!! One of them likes to crawl up and down me in the morning. They love to climb - again like Siamese - and they crave contact with humans and have to check out everyone who comes through the door.
These two have won many awards and as was already noted, never ever whine in a vehicle. In fact, they love to hang out the window if they could - they are like my YY, nosy and scared to miss anything, lol

If I had to describe how they feel, I would say sort of like soft suede. A very warm feeing.

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been fond of sphynxes I still do think they look so wierd and never want one..but yours are sooooooooo cute!!

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is their presonality like the Devon Rex? My daughter has one, and she's a little monkey in a cat suit. She has two Siamese rescue cats that are so close, but the eldest isn't in the best of health. She was worried about the other pining away if they lost her. So she wanted to bring in another cat, but had to be carefull what breed.

She heard about the Devons getting on well with Siamese, and being basically, emotionally "bomb proof", so got one, and she's proved a great distraction. They tried to snub her, and spit and growl at her, but she'd have none of it, jumping on them at any oportunity. Now 2 yrs on and they all sleep in a heap.

She's still a kitten at heart, I don't think they ever grow up.

I just wondered if they are the same as they have similar looks.

I always imagine a Sphinx to feel like the skin on a puppy dogs tummy. All soft and warm.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How gorgeous little Sufi is! And Ben looks so much like Vinnie

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sufi has such bright gorgeous eyes.

The resemblance between Ben and Vinnie is unbelievable!