We need a new matress set

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
"The problem with quite a few of the pillow top mattresses is that the pillow top is only on one side.
[/quote]"

--Yeah, most of them are now; they're getting cheap! Remember when we were told to flip the mattress every few months. Guess we don't now (?).\\

I have 2, double-sided pillowtop ones, and I love them. So comfy!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is mine

http://www.gardner-white.com/product...lectionId=2474

At least I think it is. It looks like it anyway. It has a thick pillow top with a deep mattress and a 9" box spring.

I went from a soft warm waterbed to a conventional mattress a couple weeks ago. I have to admit that I was very worried. This bed is like sleeping on a cloud.

Yes, it was expensive. Regular $1800.00 but I got it for $1600.00 including taxes and delivery and a basic frame on wheels. But you have to look at it this way.

You spend 1/3 or more of your day in bed sleeping. Your body needs rest in order to function and if it's not getting a good rest/sleep, you can't function when you are awake. So $1600.00 really isn't that much money if you look at it from a health and quantity of use point of view. Plus it's a purchase that will carry you over 15 years or more. That's $106.00 per year or $8.00 per month.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This was $480 with tax and everything, but I keep thinkng I shouldn't have done it because Christmas is a month away. We have to go pick it up, I wasn't going to pay them $30 to deliver when we own 3 trucks!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our delivery and set up was included. A lot of places do that around here if you're spending quite a bit.
We have a big truck, too, and could have easily transported it - no one wanted to carry it in the house. though. It's a heavy bed.

I hope you can have someone help you set your's up!

dilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Luckily all we have to do is take the old mattress and box spring off the frame and put in the new ones.

dilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband just called me and said we are going to have to trade in our new bed, cuz his back hurts do bad he can hardly move.
So I guess its back to the furniture store. Maybe he will come with me this time!